• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Manifesto promises

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worst thing about the budget is it was the most pathetic, dull budget imaginable. A missed opportunity for some sweeping massive changes as we head into Brexit.

Instead some minor tinkering, no tax simplification, utter pointless crap from a dull and pointless tory govt.

Comment

In Autumn you will beg for a dull budget

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        She needs some Labour MPs to vote to over turn the fixed term parliament act. Would you be a turkey and vote for Christmas?
        I would if it put me out of my mistery...

Comment

Philip Hammond’s hour-long briefing to Cabinet colleagues failed to mention that a tax rise on the self-employed clashed with a Tory election promise
          And not one of the idiots in Cabinet noticed that it did?

Clegg's breach of manifesto promises was more understandable - as part of a coalition, there's no way each party of the coalition is going to be able to fulfil all it's manifesto promises. However, he picked one that affected far more people than increasing Class 4 NI.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
          X