• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

69 Reasons why...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best excuses I've heard for voting Remain so far include:

"I thought we had to"
    "I didn't realise there was a choice"
    "We were told there would be an immediate tax if we didn't"
    "My holiday would cost more"

Good to see the important issues were considered in depth.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Such an ill-constructed parody thread? Open goal.
      I know those 68ers what muppets?

Loads of unsubstantiated cobblers.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post

"I thought we had to"

Good start. 65 to go.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          I know those 68ers what muppets?

Loads of unsubstantiated cobblers.
          Like the Leave manifesto then eh?
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

"I thought we had to"

Those were the excuses you used claiming others made them.
            Many people who voted to remain did so because they are contractors, unlike some on here. They actually travel to contracts.
            They also voted remain because working with people is better than working against them.
            And they voted to remain because the claims made by the Leave camp contained few facts and were more about sound bites. There was no plan for leave, there still isn't. The Leave campaign contained so many holes that most of their website was taken down within hours of the victory so that the promises/pledges/etc would be more difficult to find.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              Like the Leave manifesto then eh?
              seemed to work though, unlike project fear and you had so many government departments behind that. How many million did vote remain spend illegally sending the electorate a load of lies?

We had Nige and a Battlebus with Bollux on it still they preferred to vote leave. Tells you a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                seemed to work though, unlike project fear and you had so many government departments behind that. How many million did vote remain spend illegally sending the electorate a load of lies?

We had Nige and a Battlebus with Bollux on it still they preferred to vote leave. Tells you a lot.
                There you go:

Around £32m was spent on the campaign – with the Leave side boasting donations of £16.4m and Remain at £15.1m.
                And both being investigated although it looks like Leave were the bigger baddies...
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

There you go:

And both being investigated although it looks like Leave were the bigger baddies...
                  Don't forget the anonymous funding of Metro advertising via DUP.

Pressure mounts on DUP to reveal Brexit advert funder - The Irish News

Comment

There you go:

blimey so after the Government spending £9m on a remain leaflet (what I was talking about) they spent another £15M so they spent nearly twice as much as leave and they still lost.

EU referendum: £9m cost of taxpayer-funded leaflet warning about the 'damage' of Brexit angers Eurosceptics

Nearly £10million pounds of taxpayers’ money is to be spent sending a leaflet to every UK home warning about the dangers of a “Brexit”, prompting a Cabinet row over the use of public money.

The Government announced on Wednesday night that it was spending more than £9.3million on the pamphlet warning that an EU exit would put jobs at risk and increase the price of household goods.

Boris Johnson and other Eurosceptic ministers accused the Government of using public money to "scare people" ahead of the EU referendum.

Comment

"I thought we had to"

The only person I know who admits to voting Brexit gave these reasons:

"2 million Turks are moving to the UK in 2017."
                      "Blokes can marry their boyfriends now."
                      "My [half-Spanish] kids will never be able to buy a house in their home town, because there are so many immigrants."

Comment

Working...
                      X