• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sovereign Parliament

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sovereign Parliament

by David Davis -

We cannot allow Parliament the chance to veto Brexit

"Parliamentary sovereignty (also called parliamentary supremacy or legislative supremacy) is a concept in the constitutional law of some parliamentary democracies. It holds that the legislative body has absolute sovereignty, and is supreme over all other government institutions, including executive or judicial bodies. It also holds that the legislative body may change or repeal any previous legislation, and so it is not bound by written law (in some cases, even a constitution) or by precedent."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parliamentary_sovereignty

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    by David Davis -

We cannot allow Parliament the chance to veto Brexit

"Parliamentary sovereignty (also called parliamentary supremacy or legislative supremacy) is a concept in the constitutional law of some parliamentary democracies. It holds that the legislative body has absolute sovereignty, and is supreme over all other government institutions, including executive or judicial bodies. It also holds that the legislative body may change or repeal any previous legislation, and so it is not bound by written law (in some cases, even a constitution) or by precedent."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parliamentary_sovereignty

As opposed to the House of Lords who largely want to tear up the whole thing, go back to their subsidised Horlicks and pretend it all never happened?
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      As opposed to the House of Lords who largely want to tear up the whole thing, go back to their subsidised Horlicks and pretend it all never happened?
      That would be best for the country.

Comment

That would be best for the country.
        So lets not bother with voting then. Lets just decide what is best for the country.

It will become just like Russia then. You will feel at home.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          So lets not bother with voting then. Lets just decide what is best for the country.

It will become just like Russia then. You will feel at home.
          Isn't that pretty much what May wanted to do by using Royal Prerogative?
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

So lets not bother with voting then. Lets just decide what is best for the country. It will become just like Russia then. You will feel at home.
            I am all for voting on referendums, but NOT once in a generation, and also any major change should be approved by more than 1% majority - more importantly anybody who makes major fraudlent claims during vote should go to jail for a very long time.

Comment

I am all for voting on referendums, but NOT once in a generation, and also any major change should be approved by more than 1% majority - more importantly anybody who makes major fraudlent claims during vote should go to jail for a very long time.
              Changed your mind then. I thought you said you just wanted what was best for the country.

Which is quite a subjective view.

The fact that you will be kicked out in 2 years - did it influence your decision?

Comment

Changed your mind then. I thought you said you just wanted what was best for the country. Which is quite a subjective view.The fact that you will be kicked out in 2 years - did it influence your decision?
                Nope, I did not change my mind - I said I am all vote regular referendums, but not for one offs like this one run with tiny majority on basis of lies.

This in no way contradict my statement above that in CURRENT situation the best thing for the country is for Lord to reject proposal unless it's approved on another referendum - only people got the power to approve it, to be fair Lords tried it but sadly (due to Labour Scum) failed.

It would be sad if I get kicked out from country, but on a plus side I'd pay a lot less tax.

Comment

Nope, I did not change my mind
                  You talk such a load of tosh. You should join the HoL.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                    Hopefully they'll find a way.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X