• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ian McEwan

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Except Greece does have the sovereign ability to leave the EU, reintroduce the drachma and legislate away its debts. So not that like the Third Reich.
    It's a bit like saying to a battered wife "you could have left anytime".

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      No it isn't.

Comment

Except Greece does have the sovereign ability to leave the EU, reintroduce the drachma and legislate away its debts. So not that like the Third Reich.
        yes but if it does 'intellectuals' will claim it has turned to Nazism?
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          Some say women who stay get what they deserve. Mrs BP certainly does. I think that's a bit mean myself.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            yes but if it does 'intellectuals' will claim it has turned to Nazism?
            No they won't.

Comment

No it isn't.
              close, its like a vindictive ex who wants all the money, the kids & the house.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                You're an ignorant sod, so you're probably not aware that Hitler's path to power included some referenda.
                Demagogues manipulate the populist vote to win democratic elections - once they're in, the democratic structures are dismantled.
                so basically you are saying all referendums are bad and we should ignore them and the laws created based on them in case we end up in a facist state?

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  Instead of just emitting further brainfarts, why don't you do some research on the plebiscites associated with the Third Reich, and from that demonstrate why the Brexit referendum was nothing like those of the Hitler era? It's not even that difficult to do, and you might even begin to shake off the label of "complete and utter imbecile" that's ascribed to you.
                  I'm pretty sure the Brexiters are not intent on ruling the whole of Europe unlike some.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the Brexiters are not intent on ruling the whole of Europe unlike some.
                    Indeed not, they're going to take over the Commonwealth instead

Theresa May to use Commonwealth meeting months before Brexit to push closer trade ties | The Independent

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Vetran - master of the non-sequitur.

Switzerland has been ruled by referenda for years. It's not quite a fascist state so far.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X