• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ian McEwan

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    My philosophy is not to worry about what I can't change.
    So you don't worry about being a cretin then.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      All you say is true. The EU made as many mistakes. And those paying the penalty are millions of Greeks living in 3rd world poverty.
      don't be rude about the sainted EU. Where would all the brown envelopes go if the EU was disbanded?
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Interesting to see the usual europhile nonsense trotted out by the Remnants.

I don't think holding referenda themselves was the issue. As a comparison, I'm not aware of either Cameron or May having done porridge.

One person, one vote has always been the ultimate in democracy. Some of you clearly don't get that. But then you are superior and know better than everyone else.

As others have pointed out, the EU does look Reich-like, although I prefer the Stalinist comparison myself.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
          Interesting to see the usual europhile nonsense trotted out by the Remnants.

I don't think holding referenda themselves was the issue. As a comparison, I'm not aware of either Cameron or May having done porridge.

One person, one vote has always been the ultimate in democracy. Some of you clearly don't get that. But then you are superior and know better than everyone else.

As others have pointed out, the EU does look Reich-like, although I prefer the Stalinist comparison myself.
          Its only an issue if they don't agree with it.

Well Brexit is of course fascist and racist in the view of some very dim Bremainers who just love complaining at length. Hence the invocation of Godwin's law right at the start of this thread.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            So referenda in Switzerland = good
            I suppose EU referendum = good

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refere...European_Union

but Brexit referendum = Nazism?

Can the geniuses here explain the difference?

Is it because you don't believe the people have the brains to make the 'Right decision' should we have done what Ireland did about the EU and keep holding the vote until we voted the right way? Was that vote a step towards the 4th Reich?

Sorry if you don't understand the inference that both the EU & the NAZIs were keen to get the whole of Europe under their control. I thought it was fairly clear, I'll post a picture next time.
            I suggested to GB9 that, instead of brainfarting, he apply what little intelligence and analytic skills he has, to rebut McEwan's argument. I even said it's not difficult. But when he failed at even that small task and none of you Brexiteers leapt in to help, I gave you a rebuttal.

Is that clear enough for you now? My mention of Switzerland was to demonstrate that McEwan is wrong.

I supported remaining in the EU. I think Ian McEwan is talking bollox. These are not two mutually exclusive statements.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
              Apparently the Brexit referendum reminded him of the Third Reich!!!

Democracy, actually asking people what they want, is his idea of the Third Reich?!?! I would have thought telling people what they were getting, like it or not, was more like the Third Reich. Closer to a dictatorship. A Fourth Reich maybe?
              Who is Ian McEwan again? Is he some footballer?
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                I always thought he made cans of cheap beer....

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  I suggested to GB9 that, instead of brainfarting, he apply what little intelligence and analytic skills he has, to rebut McEwan's argument. I even said it's not difficult. But when he failed at even that small task and none of you Brexiteers leapt in to help, I gave you a rebuttal.

Is that clear enough for you now? My mention of Switzerland was to demonstrate that McEwan is wrong.

I supported remaining in the EU. I think Ian McEwan is talking bollox. These are not two mutually exclusive statements.
                  Unfortunately the last few months have caused my whinge filter to block to excess and as a result I sometimes miss a sensible post. If it was one then I apologise for not replying to it.

I hereby save McEwan a job and compare Scotland to be the Third Reich.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    A novelist, playwright and screenwriter, whose work I have never read, and I've never seen any film or TV adaptations of his work. Nor have I any particular wish to.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      A novelist, playwright and screenwriter, whose work I have never read, and I've never seen any film or TV adaptations of his work. Nor have I any particular wish to.
                      A shame. You're missing some cracking novels.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X