• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Looking forward to the start of Brexit this week

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
    I read an article over (economist?) that great depressions is what is evening out the wealth. Pandemia, wars, you name it. Not sure I want this "evening out" to happen
    It won't happen. Any sign of recession and money is pumped in. One day there will be the mother of all depressions. Not for a long while. Probably until people realize there is no point in saving and every point in borrowing recklessly.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
      On a more serious note (and to be fair), Brexit is also about desperate poor people shouting in rage about the system, and then waking up the morning after the vote to find Jacob Rees-Mogg and Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson celebrating Brexit as a great blow against the Establishment.

It's no wonder they ain't going to be happy.

You couldn't make it up. But anyway those of us in the "liberal elite" will still get our cleaners and nannies:

David Davis hints at a soft Brexit as immigration is set to continue | Daily Mail Online
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
        Just remind us what that €60bn represents?

I asked on another thread but it obviously confused the Remnant community as none of them answered the question.
        Are you still banging on about 60 billion? Seems like a tiny sum in comparision to the 1.7 trillion the country owes.
        Just tack it on the end and pay it back over 10 years - hardly notice it
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Are you still banging on about 60 billion? Seems like a tiny sum in comparision to the 1.7 trillion the country owes.
          Well the EU are and they are still shouting like a drunken ex 'you will pay for this you barsteward'. All a bit sad really, we will have to work together afterwards.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Tick tock. The United Kingdom National Debt Clock 2017 Counter >> nationaldebtclock.co.uk

Don't forget, it's a hard currency debt, so UK PLC can't just inflate its way out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              Looks like the reply to article 50 will be a €60 billion bill. If you go into a pub and order round of a drinks you have to pay for them.

Ah yes, the 'round of drinks' analogy which falls flat on its face immediately when you realise most people aren't buying any of the drinks they are drinking and are happy to freeload off everyone else's round.

Brexit will be a success, because Brexit will be the name of what we have at the end, which will be an awesome deal to retain close ties with the EU, but enough 'separation' that the idiots can be told that we've left the EU (which we will have done). We'll be outside the fold of the path towards a federal Europe, but you better believe that there is NO appetite in the political classes beyond public rhetoric for a bad deal - or no deal.

The line from the EU about hoping that one day we'd rejoin, means that it is in their interest to ensure that in the event we rejoined, we'd still be a successful economy that can make net contributions and that our regulatory regimes were already aligned. There will be a UK-EU Customs Agreement, there will be a UK-EU Free Trade Agreement and there will be free movement of workers, capital, goods and services. The UK will continue to pay money into the EU pot as a proportion of the EU institutions we use, without us paying for shiny new roads in Romania. It'll look, taste and smell like the Norway model, except it wont be called that, it'll be called the British model.

Of course, we wont rejoin the European Union, ever. Why would we? The only economies interested in joining the EU are those that would rather like some of the flow of EU funds towards them.
              Taking a break from contracting

Comment

As a completely random aside.

I think SASGuru has a rare form of Tourettes. Instead of swearing it manifests itself as in the inappropriate use of Emjoi's.

HTH BIDI.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
                  As a completely random aside.

I think SASGuru has a rare form of Tourettes. Instead of swearing it manifests itself as in the inappropriate use of Emjoi's.

HTH BIDI.
                  Nah it's just that I find you cretins hilarious

HTH, BIKIW.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post

Brexit will be a success, because Brexit will be the name of what we have at the end, which will be an awesome deal to retain close ties with the EU, but enough 'separation' that the idiots can be told that we've left the EU (which we will have done). We'll be outside the fold of the path towards a federal Europe, but you better believe that there is NO appetite in the political classes beyond public rhetoric for a bad deal - or no deal.
                    I wished I shared your optimism (I mean for the country as a whole, I'm quite optimistic about my own prospects )

Re: the highlighted bit: that may or not be true, but it's the political classes who'll be deciding the deal.
                    And it cannot be better for us than our current arrangement - that should be obvious to all but the very stupid.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

The positive thing is there will be a further option to becoming an EU citizen without leaving Britain, just move North.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X