• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scottish Referendum Part 2 - Electric Boogaloo

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am sure Nicola has been told that then and is just stirring it up to be at the brexit 'negotiation' table

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      Yes.

The word on the street is that the SNP have been told no referendum will be allowed before 2021
      said before if she can raise the money I have no objection. Maybe they can rattle the tin in front of sir Sean when he pops by.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Yes.

The word on the street is that the SNP have been told no referendum will be allowed before 2021
        When you say "street", do you mean that saloon bar where you get pished every day?
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Presumably they can escalate in the scenario Westminster just says "no". Having to get permission to be allowed to vote if you want to leave would not be workable if the majority really wanted out.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            When you say "street", do you mean that saloon bar where you get pished every day?
            Yes, that's exactly what I meant.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Presumably they can escalate in the scenario Westminster just says "no". Having to get permission to be allowed to vote if you want to leave would not be workable if the majority really wanted out.
              Yes, but the polls are pretty clearly saying that not many want one before brexit.

She could in theory organise some kind of unsanctioned one but many, like myself, would not vote in it.

Comment

Hmmm interesting times historically.
                One of the most successful countries in the world has decided to rip itself to shreds politically and economically.
                And all because of some classic, basic schoolboy demagoguery that succeeded in fooling the more stupid members of society.
                So if Scotland does gain independence (or NI joins Ireland) Britain no long exists and we lose our top 5 seat in the UN.

There will only be a few winners from this.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  Hmmm interesting times historically.
                  One of the most successful countries in the world has decided to rip itself to shreds politically and economically.
                  And all because of some classic, basic schoolboy demagoguery that succeeded in fooling the more stupid members of society.
                  So if Scotland does gain independence (or NI joins Ireland) Britain no long exists and we lose our top 5 seat in the UN.

There will only be a few winners from this.
                  Northern Ireland is not in Britain.

HTH

Comment

HTH
                    It's in the British Isles.

Comment

HTH
                      Same difference, you know what I mean - any piece of the union goes, so too realistically will the UN seat at the top 5 table.
                      Although to be sure we didn't really deserve that for years.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X