• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Them tax cutting Tories

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    It's not being taxed to death it is seeing that you get a good services for the amount of tax you pay.
    Yes but paying an ever-increasing amount of tax and getting an ever-decreasing level of service makes it feel like we're being taxed to death.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
      Yes but paying an ever-increasing amount of tax and getting an ever-decreasing level of service makes it feel like we're being taxed to death.
      I was trying to think of other European countries with good standards of living where while the tax take is more the levels of service are decent.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        I was trying to think of other European countries with good standards of living where while the tax take is more the levels of service are decent.
        Denmark would be towards the top of my list under the expat scheme. A little over 30% tax in total seems about reasonable to me, although the expat scheme is obviously a specific carve-out, with much higher taxes in general.

Comment

The 23 cities with the best quality of life in the world

Plenty of European cities, and none from the UK (surprise surprise )

Comment

And after you die you'll still get taxed!!!

Comment

Birmingham is not in the list?

Comment

Mainly because the weather is tulip

Comment

I must say in spite of "packed" Tube trains I would still have thought London would have made the list.

London is one of the cities that has improved the most over the last 20 years.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    Mainly because the weather is tulip
                    And they're blighted following the Cretinocalypse.

Comment

Seriously looks like a great time to leave the country. But where to go? Which country wouldn't tax you to death and instead allow you to prosper and is good for kids' schooling and quality of life?
                      Ireland

Comment

Working...
                      X