• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So she has finally gone...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So she has finally gone...

Her entitlement stunk - how can you "forget" who your brother works for? Linky
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

It beggars belief that people in these positions don't think it was pertinent to mention something like this yet it seems to happen time and time again.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

You'd think it would form part of the screening checks when they applied/got offered the job.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Isn't she also the daughter of Douglas?

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
          Yep.

She is the daughter of Douglas Martin Hogg, 3rd Viscount Hailsham, PC QC
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
            Yep. Her mum's a peer and baroness too in her own right.

Nepotism rules, ok ya?
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

But I fully accept it was a mistake, made worse by the fact that my involvement in drafting the policy made it incumbent on me to get all my own declarations absolutely right," Ms Hogg said.

"I also, in the course of a long hearing, unintentionally misled the committee as to whether I had filed my brother's job on the correct forms at the Bank.

"I would like to repeat my apologies for that, and to make clear that the responsibility for all those errors is mine alone."

John Mann, an MP on the Treasury Committee, told BBC Radio 5 live it was "appropriate" she had resigned.

"She wrote the code of conduct for the Bank of England which says: 'Do you have a family member working in the banking industry, ie a brother or sister?'

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                Yep.

She is the daughter of Douglas Martin Hogg, 3rd Viscount Hailsham, PC QC
                Another QC approved mess for the finance industry to clear up? Oops

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                  Another QC approved mess for the finance industry to clear up? Oops
                  And PC approved, by the looks

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    It beggars belief that people in these positions don't think it was pertinent to mention something like this yet it seems to happen time and time again.
                    Hubris.
                    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Working...
                    X