• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Geert Lush Wilders

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Intelligent people change their mind if the evidence doesn't back up their beliefs, but the number of intelligent people is low. The vast majority make up their mind first, then ignore evidence that conflicts with their opinion.
    You must be thick as mince then.
    You made up your mind about India not realising (or understanding) exponential growth.
    Then put forward as "evidence" someone's opinion* without considering possible other points of view.

Like I said, lay of the booze. Exercise your brain by studying something rigorous and you may start making sense again.

*the social sciences are not hard sciences.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
      I adore strong leadership, and trump knows what he wants and doesn't look to please everyone. Thats what we need. We should dismiss the cry of brexiters and stay in EU influencing reforms.
      EU referendum: No new reform deal for UK after vote, Jean Claude Juncker warns | The Independent

It can never be reformed because as it refuses to engage with any discussion to do so, it has to die and then we work something out after that, which will ultimately happen I believe.

Comment

EU referendum: No new reform deal for UK after vote, Jean Claude Juncker warns | The Independent

It can never be reformed because as it refuses to engage with any discussion to do so, it has to die and then we work something out after that, which will ultimately happen I believe.
        I doubt the EU will die, in spite of the populists revolt, the appetite for X-exit in Euro countries is not at a majority in any of them.
        And has declined since they've observed the dog's breakfast in the Uk.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          You must be thick as mince then.
          You made up your mind about India not realising (or understanding) exponential growth.
          Then put forward as "evidence" someone's opinion* without considering possible other points of view.

Like I said, lay of the booze. Exercise your brain by studying something rigorous and you may start making sense again.

*the social sciences are not hard sciences.
          Yes, a book about nation state economics written by 2 professors of economics which won the FT's business book of the year award is not applicable in a discussion on nation state economics.

Comment

Well the UK managed to successfully push through the Single Market and the Eastern expansion, that was a pretty major reform. Of course the same people who brought about the transformation are jumping up and down like spoilt brats and disowning it, and what about the Euro, you may disagree with it but that was a pretty major change.

You may dislike Europe and the direction but it is indeed capable of major reform.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Yes, a book about nation state economics written by 2 professors of economics which won the FT's business book of the year award is not applicable in a discussion on nation state economics.
              The link to that book has a section on Critical Reviews which you clearly didn't read.
              Including "...book's failure to cite extant statistics-based evidence to support the validity of the historical case studies..."

But if you want to believe a polemic that supports your point of view, feel free. By your own definition that makes you unintelligent.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

The link to that book has a section on Critical Reviews which you clearly didn't read.
                Including "...book's failure to cite extant statistics-based evidence to support the validity of the historical case studies..."

But if you want to believe a polemic that supports your point of view, feel free. By your own definition that makes you unintelligent.
                For every opinion there are counter opinions and there will be critics...

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
                  For every opinion there are counter opinions and there will be critics...
                  Quite. The only provable subject is mathematics.
                  Even the hard sciences like physics are subject to paradigm shifts.
                  IMO the social sciences, especially macroeconomics*, are next to useless for predictive purposes.
                  Which economist predicted 2008?

*Microeconomics has some utility
                  Last edited by sasguru; 15 March 2017, 11:30.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

You just did a search for one word on a Wikipedia page

Comment

Anyway, I've got an exponentially growing financial business and workforce to manage so I'll let you go and play with your abacus.

Comment

Working...
                      X