• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PensionBee || Cavendish Online Pension?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PensionBee || Cavendish Online Pension?

Anyone had experience of either of the above for their personal pensions?, I have one with scottish widows and another with virgin money at present, but feeling drawn to PensionBee (probably just due to the slick branding) or Cavendish as we have life insurance through them which was for a great price.

Get a SIPP and use tracker funds.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by BradMcA View Post
      Anyone had experience of either of the above for their personal pensions?, I have one with scottish widows and another with virgin money at present, but feeling drawn to PensionBee (probably just due to the slick branding) or Cavendish as we have life insurance through them which was for a great price.
      Do you have any personal or business links to PensionBee?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
        Do you have any personal or business links to PensionBee?
        Nope no connections at all, been contracting through my ltd company for two years now and feel like making something of the two old pensions I already have but as many people - have not thought about for far too long.

One review of PensionBee said the same thing could be done cheap as a "DIY pension".

I also see there is a minimum monthly of £200 with the cavendish FundSupermarket (which is what I meant to refer to originally, however I see as with life insurance they do discount managment fees on a couple of regular pensions too)

Comment

Nope no connections at all, been contracting through my ltd company for two years now and feel like making something of the two old pensions I already have but as many people - have not thought about for far too long.

One review of PensionBee said the same thing could be done cheap as a "DIY pension".

I also see there is a minimum monthly of £200 with the cavendish FundSupermarket (which is what I meant to refer to originally, however I see as with life insurance they do discount managment fees on a couple of regular pensions too)
          We have lots of posts about pensions and the consensus is to:
          1. Sign up with a SIPP provider
          2. Use tracker funds spread globally to keep costs down.

You may then need to change the SIPP provider when your pension gets larger.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Get a SIPP and use tracker funds.

I think SIPP is just for people who know the market and can make those DIY decisions, computer programming I know, financial investment markets I don't :/

Comment

I think SIPP is just for people who know the market and can make those DIY decisions, computer programming I know, financial investment markets I don't :/
              That's where you are silly.

A tracker fund just tracks the stock market. In the vast majority of cases they perform better than actively managed funds over 5, 10, 15, 20 etc periods.

To ensure you don't put your eggs in one basket you make sure your tracker funds each follow a different stock market.

If you search this forum through Google you will find loads of tips on what provider to use and what funds that are worth considering to use.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                That's where you are silly.

A tracker fund just tracks the stock market. In the vast majority of cases they perform better than actively managed funds over 5, 10, 15, 20 etc periods.

To ensure you don't put your eggs in one basket you make sure your tracker funds each follow a different stock market.

If you search this forum through Google you will find loads of tips on what provider to use and what funds that are worth considering to use.

Ta, a less silly pension future awaits!.

Comment

Working...
                X