• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can the UK afford to be an independent nation?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    I accept it was technically possible to leave. Just as you can divorce but getting a good one is hard work.

However if we wished to remain we had to obey the EU.
    So the UK has always been a fully sovereign independent state that chose to join an association of nations and then chose to leave.

Comment

well we will only have one layer of overlords that we can replace via election.

Surely that is better?
      Yes, because the political parties in the UK are so different aren't they?

Comment

I accept it was technically possible to leave. Just as you can divorce but getting a good one is hard work.

However if we wished to remain we had to obey the EU.
        You will actually find that the UK was very influential indeed in the EU and they basically opted out of all the stuff that didn't come out of the UK, eg the Euro.

However the British ran an empire and they're only happy when they dominate and order other countries around with "Diktats" such as May is doing with Scotland and Northern Ireland.

However it does appear that Scotland will be throwing off the shackles of the faceless UKSSR UKCrats.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
        X