• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I just noticed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just noticed

looking at the threads in the General forum, there are a load of threads which were started years ago, there's Suity's WW3 imminent, there's the Obama leads the world etc

and I was wondering,

if the CUK powers did a google style shake up of all the threads and randomly from the whole archive just places threads on the first page, I reckon we'd all be there discussing them and chewing the cud whether the subjects have contemporary relevance or not

funny old world

Milan.

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    looking at the threads in the General forum, there are a load of threads which were started years ago, there's Suity's WW3 imminent, there's the Obama leads the world etc

and I was wondering,

if the CUK powers did a google style shake up of all the threads and randomly from the whole archive just places threads on the first page, I reckon we'd all be there discussing them and chewing the cud whether the subjects have contemporary relevance or not

funny old world

Milan.
    Just zeity going senile.

Comment

What struck me about the thread titled: Sergeant Alexander Blackman, Michael Adebolajo and Michael Adebowale was how good the standard of contribution was compared to what passes for debate on here (C) 2017. Get those people back (minus poor Doodah, obv).

Comment

Originally posted by I just need to test it View Post
        What struck me about the thread titled: Sergeant Alexander Blackman, Michael Adebolajo and Michael Adebowale was how good the standard of contribution was compared to what passes for debate on here (C) 2017. Get those people back (minus poor Doodah, obv).
        We have had a few mild winters, and that always leads to an increase in cretin numbers. Furthermore, they have been emboldened by Brexit, so we just need to hunker down and hope for a sharp frost in autumn.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
          ... so we just need to hunker down and hope for a sharp frost in autumn.
          Or a deceptive layer of thawed snow under a steep slope where assguru as gone skiing!
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
            We have had a few mild winters, and that always leads to an increase in cretin numbers. Furthermore, they have been emboldened by Brexit, so we just need to hunker down and hope for a sharp frost in autumn.
            Well, it's not (or at least it shouldn't always be) about CUKers' political leanings, or who pulled who's hair, or whatever else. That thread I mentioned is really refreshing, packed with considered opinions.

And it takes two or more to have a moronic fight.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post

and I was wondering,

funny old world

Milan.
              I'll happily put that to the test - I'll choose a random page and thread, and see what happens.
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

chewing the cud whether the subjects have contemporary relevance or not
                Would it matter? The issues are always the same, it's just the names that change. Good old humanity never learns.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                X