• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit rollecoaster

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brexit rollecoaster

Do you take the risk and hold onto stocks/ investments? Or cashout

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
    You're quids in so far.

Comment

What does your Ray Winstone say?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
        You're quids in so far.
        Only if he sells...

Comment

I cashed out end of November. Fortunately the gains since the referendum in the UK stock market almost made up for the loss due to forex - and I put the money into Swiss/US shares which have more than made for that forex loss.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

FTSE shares are largely immune from Brexit. I have an international portfolio and the FTSE shares I own have gone up in value in EUR since the Brexit vote, i.e. they're doing better than offsetting the devalued pound.

One of my best performing shares this year is a Greek company, which has almost doubled in value over the last 12 months.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              FTSE shares are largely immune from Brexit. I have an international portfolio and the FTSE shares I own have gone up in value in EUR since the Brexit vote, i.e. they're doing better than offsetting the devalued pound.

One of my best performing shares this year is a Greek company, which has almost doubled in value over the last 12 months.

FTSE 100 7,416.03 positive +0.64%

I guess investors are bullish about all this brexit. Partly due to pound falling. I guess the LSE might be the hit of 2017-2018. Providing there will be no nasty surprises about the economy.

Big risk anyhow

Comment

FTSE shares are largely immune from Brexit.
                Not immune from new UK taxes though!

Comment

FTSE 100 7,416.03 positive +0.64%

I guess investors are bullish about all this brexit. Partly due to pound falling. I guess the LSE might be the hit of 2017-2018. Providing there will be no nasty surprises about the economy.

Big risk anyhow
                  It's not so much that investors are bullish about Brexit but that a lot of FTSE 100 companies are multi-national, so if the UK goes down hill they simply earn elsewhere. Ashtead is a good example of a British company that has expanded so rapidly in the US, it doesn't really matter any more what happens in the UK. Plenty of companies you can invest in outside the UK eg Toyota that have factories in the UK, i.e. just make sure your portfolio is diversified. Many big international companies will be affected to some extent by Brexit regardless of whether they're in the FTSE.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

It's not so much that investors are bullish about Brexit but that a lot of FTSE 100 companies are multi-national, so if the UK goes down hill they simply earn elsewhere. Ashtead is a good example of a British company that has expanded so rapidly in the US, it doesn't really matter any more what happens in the UK. Plenty of companies you can invest in outside the UK eg Toyota that have factories in the UK, i.e. just make sure your portfolio is diversified. Many big international companies will be affected to some extent by Brexit regardless of whether they're in the FTSE.
                    Yeah but if FTSE will be raising it might drag rest of the LSE along with it

Comment

Working...
                    X