• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Need a new mic

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The SM57/58's would be fine for the level you are at. Been playing in bands for years (trumpet) and its gonna be the PA that will probably be the biggest factor here at this stage unless you got money to burn and want then best kit. When you start doing gigs where a decent external PA company do the setup then you can look at the next level up in quality but then they would supply that for you anyway.

Id go to you local music shop and get the basic setup and see where the band goes. Seen a lot of musicians with "all the gear" but you cant buy talent and for some that's whats been limiting factor

Comment

I record through a 100 quid AKG mic with and a friend of mine bought a really expensive 600 pound mic which had rave reviews in the Internet. I couldn't tell the difference and far more important was singing technique, the amplifier and the mix. In the end I prefer my own recordings because I could tweak to get the sound I wanted.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by jimjamuk View Post
        The SM57/58's would be fine for the level you are at. Been playing in bands for years (trumpet) and its gonna be the PA that will probably be the biggest factor here at this stage unless you got money to burn and want then best kit. When you start doing gigs where a decent external PA company do the setup then you can look at the next level up in quality but then they would supply that for you anyway.

Id go to you local music shop and get the basic setup and see where the band goes. Seen a lot of musicians with "all the gear" but you cant buy talent and for some that's whats been limiting factor
        WHS

If you have a great voice you'll knock em dead through a cheap megaphone.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          WHS

If you have a great voice you'll knock em dead through a cheap megaphone.
          And failing that, get a chick singer with big tits...
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
            That normally works....

Although you will find you will spend most of your time looking at the rear view during gigs

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
              Some would say we're well on the way. Two big tits on guitars, one on bass and one on keys.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Need a new mic

e935 + stand and cable cheaper than an e935 on its own, or a beta 58, and it meant The Wife (tm) doesn't buy me clothes for my birthday!
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                X