• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rent-a-car in Mallorca

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We used these folk when we were there a couple of years go. TERRY'S CAR HIRE. Car hire Mallorca, Spain. Terry's car hire has car rentals on Mallorca, we have rent-a-car services based at Palma mallorca for vehicle hire for your holiday in Mallorca

Had them recommended to me by a friend and they seem to get pretty decent reviews. Provided a well spec'd and tidy car with no hidden charges. Just the job.

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
      It was funny when I got to the Enterprise check-in desk at Malaga on Saturday; the woman behind the desk started selling me on the excess insurance policy at £12/day. So I showed her the policy I had bought online from iCarhireinsurance, for £12 for the whole three days, and she couldn't believe it.
      "It ees soo cheap" she said, "and from a goood company as well!" (Allianz underwriter).

That was an interesting experience, and backs up a theory I have been formulating about the mindsets of different people in different positions in society. In this case a junior person was tasked with selling the expensive insurance. But to sell things effectively you have to believe in the product. Solution to problem: Ensure that every employee of the company is a little bit brainwashed, and genuinely believes that their company's products are the best.
      And I predict that me showing her the reality that that was not the case (that the insurance was actually 3x the price) won't in fact change her underlying view at all. She will use some form of logic to try to reason it away. The result is an uncomfortable feeling known as "cognitive dissonance", which is (from Wikipedia): "is the mental stress (discomfort) experienced by a person who simultaneously holds two or more contradictory beliefs, ideas, or values"
      It would have been cheaper if you had spent 14 pounds more on the Annual cover, if your rent again within a year.

Comment

Just to mention a company I have used for car hire insurance (I have a policy with them right now in fact). Google for Questor Insurance. They offer daily or annual policies for world wide or UK and Europe. The base policy is fine but for a nominal sum you can be covered for up to GBP 50k for loss or damage with no excess. Worth a try, you like it.
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
        X