• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Darwin Awards - Fanboi Edition

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darwin Awards - Fanboi Edition

FFS!

Man died after charging iPhone in the bath

Originally posted by RetSet View Post
    The awards committee is planning a special award for the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by RetSet View Post
      There's an app for that....

Electric Shock Free

Comment

Just read about this. Phone on chest , in bath, whilst charging.

Probably getting a slap in the afterlife as well.

qh
        He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
          Just read about this. Phone on chest , in bath, whilst charging.

Probably getting a slap in the afterlife as well.

qh
          It's quite hard to get a definite view on what happened. One article said that he plugged an extension lead into a socket outside the bathroom, and had the charger (presumably plugged into the other end of the extension lead) on his chest. The charger fell into the water.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            It's quite hard to get a definite view on what happened. One article said that he plugged an extension lead into a socket outside the bathroom, and had the charger (presumably plugged into the other end of the extension lead) on his chest. The charger fell into the water.
            Doesn't matter what happened the guy is a f***wit and unfortunately due to his stupidity left his wife a widow.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              The BBC article talked about it only being 5V, but if by "charger" it's the bit plugged into the mains then it's 240V.

Dropping the phone with the lead attached into the bath is surely harmless. Maybe someone here can test it?
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                The BBC article talked about it only being 5V, but if by "charger" it's the bit plugged into the mains then it's 240V.

Dropping the phone with the lead attached into the bath is surely harmless. Maybe someone here can test it?
                One of your relatives?
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Are vibrators rechargeable?
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

A solution is to connect your bath to the live wire.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X