• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rapist transferred to women's prison

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    I would argue that seeing as I can change what gender I identify as on a daily basis then the whole concept of gender is no longer valid - it is just a label you want to put on yourself depending on how you feel when you wake up.

And therefore can have no place in law.
    Gender Identity is only one aspect of gender, they're not equivalent. Neither is gender identity a casual "today I feel quite girly" thing. Can you change whether you're gay or straight from day to day?

Having your legally recognised gender changed requires a bit of effort so not something you'd do for a lark.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Not that bothered but if one day i can put on a form that I identify my gender as an apache attack helicopter and the following day I can identify as a piece of fudge then quite frankly it is clearly irrelevant.
      Like you.

However, in the real world that exists outside of Breitbart fantasies, the process is rather different from what you describe.

http://www.gov.uk/apply-gender-recog...icate/overview

1. Overview
      Apply to the Gender Recognition Panel for a Gender Recognition Certificate if you want your acquired gender to be legally recognised in the UK.

There are 3 different ways (‘routes’) to get a certificate - which one you use depends on your situation.

Read the full guidance before you apply.

Standard route
      Apply by the standard route if all the following are true:

you’re 18 or over
      you’ve been diagnosed with gender dysphoria (discomfort with your birth gender) - this is also called gender identity disorder or transsexualism
      you’ve lived in your acquired gender for at least 2 years
      you intend to live in your acquired gender for the rest of your life
      You must apply by the standard route if you live in Northern Ireland.

Alternative route
      Apply by the alternative route if all the following are true:

you’re 18 or over
      you’ve been diagnosed with gender dysphoria or had surgery to change your sexual characteristics
      you live in England, Wales or Scotland most of the time
      you intend to live in your acquired gender for the rest of your life
      you’re in (or have been in) a protected marriage or protected civil partnership
      you’ve lived in your acquired gender for at least 6 years before 10 December 2014 (16 December 2014 for Scottish marriages and civil partnerships)
      A marriage or civil partnership is protected if it’s one of the following:

registered under the law of England and Wales
      a marriage solemnised in Scotland
      a civil partnership registered in Scotland
      a marriage registered under the law of a country or territory outside the UK
      a marriage on UK consular premises or in an armed forces base, if you elected England, Wales or Scotland as the relevant part of the UK
      Overseas route
      Apply by the overseas route if your acquired gender has been legally accepted in an ‘approved country or territory’ and you have documents to prove it.

Help you can get
      You can get information, advice and support from a number of voluntary organisations - you can find a list on page 21 of the full guidance.

You can also contact Citizens Advice or find a legal adviser.

Comment

Not that bothered but if one day i can put on a form that I identify my gender as an apache attack helicopter and the following day I can identify as a piece of fudge then quite frankly it is clearly irrelevant.
        They ask for your religion on the census and you can change how you feel about that regardless of what other people identify you as.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Gender Identity is only one aspect of gender, they're not equivalent. Neither is gender identity a casual "today I feel quite girly" thing. Can you change whether you're gay or straight from day to day?
          He sometimes gets a funny feeling in his tummy when his mum accidentally leaves her underwear in his pants drawer. Does that count?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
            He sometimes gets a funny feeling in his tummy when his mum accidentally leaves her underwear in his pants drawer. Does that count?
            That's transvestites. Quite different from transexuals. Transvestism is, apparently, all about abandoning gender labels and expectations. Transsexualism seems part of a whole raft of fixation on sexual identity.

The whole female equality stuff was in many ways about abolishing the differences between men and women socially and professionally. Then with transsexualism, the focus is suddenly on treating people differently because of their gender (self-identified or otherwise) "I want to be treated as a man", "I want to be treated as a woman". There appears to be a lack of coherence.

If rape/murder is such a big problem in prisons, then perhaps that should be addressed - to the point where mixed gender prisons are possible?
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              That's transvestites. Quite different from transexuals. Transvestism is, apparently, all about abandoning gender labels and expectations. Transsexualism seems part of a whole raft of fixation on sexual identity.

The whole female equality stuff was in many ways about abolishing the differences between men and women socially and professionally. Then with transsexualism, the focus is suddenly on treating people differently because of their gender (self-identified or otherwise) "I want to be treated as a man", "I want to be treated as a woman". There appears to be a lack of coherence.
              That is because you are too stupid to understand the difference between treating people equally and treating them the same. HTH

Comment

This rapist chap having his cock lopped off? Seems like a good use of public cash to me

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

If rape/murder is such a big problem in prisons, then perhaps that should be addressed - to the point where mixed gender prisons are possible?
                  There is no lack of coherence as there are different feminist beliefs under the umbrella of feminism.

The same way both Philip Hammond and Nick Clegg both believe in liberal democracy but have different beliefs about it so represent different parties in parliament.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
                    This rapist chap having his cock lopped off? Seems like a good use of public cash to me
                    If he hadn't volunteered, you'd probably get more people agreeing with you.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                      If he hadn't volunteered, you'd probably get more people agreeing with you.
                      It's all about outcomes isn't it? He won't be doing it again....

Comment

Working...
                      X