• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Banning laptops from flights handluggage!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RSoles View Post
    When going on holiday, I always get the kids to throw their luggage down the stairs.

"But the things in it will get smashed" they wail.

"Then you haven't packed them properly" I respond.
    A well-packed case can take a lot of punishment even with delicate stuff inside.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Well that's just great! Got to travel to Oz in August with an autistic 4 year old. No iPad is going to make that a VERY long flight for everyone involved.....
      And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
        Well that's just great! Got to travel to Oz in August with an autistic 4 year old. No iPad is going to make that a VERY long flight for everyone involved.....
        Smartphones and external power chargers (or wind up chargers)?

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
          So travel via a safe country, not one of the ones listed for the ban.

EDIT: it's not a blanket ban!

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
            So travel via a safe country, not one of the ones listed for the ban.

EDIT: it's not a blanket ban!
            It can be cold at altitude; I hope they don't ban blankets.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Based on the dimensions, it looks like many cameras would be banned too.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I've never been too cold on a plane, generally the converse which is worse.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Seeing how stuff can be chucked of airlines I wouldn't take one with me.
                  That's the least of your problems - I've been offered "a cheap laptop" on more than one occasion. From someone who turned out to work at LHR, and had a dodgy contact in baggage handling*. I doubt they're brave enough to publish the theft stats, but I'd never check a laptop into hold luggage. Ever. Unless it's insured to the hilt and I fancy a new one

*I discussed this with an acquaintance in the police sometime later (he was on armed duty at LHR at the time), he laughed and said they basically couldn't care less, unless it was terrorism they wouldn't even bother.
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Based on the dimensions, it looks like many cameras would be banned too.
                    Good job cameraists aren't precious about them then...

Comment

In summary, then, you need to leave the bomb in the hold but can still trigger it from the mobile phone in your hand in the cabin. Hmmm.
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X