• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Banning laptops from flights handluggage!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    In summary, then, you need to leave the bomb in the hold but can still trigger it from the mobile phone in your hand in the cabin. Hmmm.
    Hum... any phone signal at 38,000 feet?

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
      Hum... any phone signal at 38,000 feet?
      AYCOTBAT?
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Good news for airport bookshops.

Comment

This is gonna be annoying for coders. Will have to setup temp laptops or have cheap laptops for trips abroad.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            A well-packed case can take a lot of punishment even with delicate stuff inside.
            Depends if you can get to your bag before someone pinches it at the carousel before you make it through security.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
              That's the least of your problems - I've been offered "a cheap laptop" on more than one occasion. From someone who turned out to work at LHR, and had a dodgy contact in baggage handling*. I doubt they're brave enough to publish the theft stats, but I'd never check a laptop into hold luggage. Ever. Unless it's insured to the hilt and I fancy a new one

*I discussed this with an acquaintance in the police sometime later (he was on armed duty at LHR at the time), he laughed and said they basically couldn't care less, unless it was terrorism they wouldn't even bother.
              So they wouldn't even look at the cameras to see who stole it?

Comment

Originally posted by KentDogWalker View Post
                So they wouldn't even look at the cameras to see who stole it?
                Why would you?

I mean it takes them years to stop airport drug smuggling rings so they aren't going to waste resources on one stolen laptop.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Why would you?

I mean it takes them years to stop airport drug smuggling rings so they aren't going to waste resources on one stolen laptop.
                  Might be a day to start looking at cheap windooze laptops on ukhotdeals sometime soon if don't want to check in my new mackbook pro 15 which I plan on getting

Comment

Originally posted by KentDogWalker View Post
                    This is gonna be annoying for coders. Will have to setup temp laptops or have cheap laptops for trips abroad.
                    There's this new thing that's out - The Cloud - you may have heard of it.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                      There's this new thing that's out - The Cloud - you may have heard of it.
                      Big deal, It still takes ages to set up a new laptop, and working on windows is a pain.

Comment

Working...
                      X