• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A course for permanent employees

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A course for permanent employees

What do you think about idea of a course for permanent employees to help start contracting?

Originally posted by jub View Post
    What do you think about idea of a course for permanent employees to help start contracting?
    Great idea. More competition is what we really need

Comment

Better to give them a course on why to avoid contracting.

Comment

Errrrm terrible.

Next.
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Only bother with contracting if your in London or don't mind working in Germany.

Comment

I would tell them to save their money. They've missed the boat and if they only want to go contracting for the money they only have 2 years of it left.

Those not in it for the money will find at the beginning they will be the same financially as permies, if not worse off, but they won't have appraisals/ will have a choice over which contracts to apply for/have their own *very* niche skill.

But for your average newbie, the message will be - don't bother.
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

better be a permie and work on a entrepreneurial startup part time.

Also look at migrating to New Zealand

Comment

Originally posted by KentDogWalker View Post
                better be a permie and work on a entrepreneurial startup part time.

Also look at migrating to New Zealand

Good rates, perm in my area up to £90K.
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Disappointed by the initial response

This was my million dollar (or pound sterling) idea.. This was my escape route from all this gloom of contracting..

No worries, I will think about something else!

Comment

Disappointed by the initial response

This was my million dollar (or pound sterling) idea.. This was my escape route from all this gloom of contracting..

No worries, I will think about something else!
                    Look at it this way, we might have saved you a lot of money
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                    X