• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A course for permanent employees

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jub View Post
    Disappointed by the initial response

This was my million dollar (or pound sterling) idea.. This was my escape route from all this gloom of contracting..

No worries, I will think about something else!
    By luring others into it? What are you, an agent? Contractors are meant to look out for each other. To quote Brick Top "It can get you in a lot of trouble, thinking, Errol, I shouldn't do so much of it."
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

A course for permanent employees

http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by jub View Post
        Disappointed by the initial response

This was my million dollar (or pound sterling) idea.. This was my escape route from all this gloom of contracting..

No worries, I will think about something else!
        If you had to ask a bunch of contractors (in the general area as well!!! ) their opinion on an idea then maybe you weren't cut out anyway so don't fret about it.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
          Unfortunately I'm beginning to think that consulting could be a more viable long term option.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Remember. Them that can't...teach.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Stupid idea. Now a course teaching them to bleed radiators whilst dressed as a gladiator? That would get a much more positive reception around here.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                Stupid idea. Now a course teaching them to bleed radiators whilst dressed as a gladiator? That would get a much more positive reception around here.
                They would get more money as a gladiator.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

LHH do these (under the guise of "starting your own company"), was led by a contractor funnily enough.

I got it for free as part of a VR Outplacement package.. Was 2 days of fun and hilarity, 50% of course were welders/powder coaters etc, the other 50% IT contractors. Day rate discussions were less different than I would have thought :/

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                    Now a course teaching them to bleed radiators whilst dressed as a gladiator? That would get a much more positive reception around here.

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
                      I think that's how plumbers feel at the moment, like some great hero. Four screws, a bit of piping. 30 mins later, £200 please. Kerrrrrching!

Comment

Working...
                      X