It's that time of year again. It's that time of year again.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 13

Nice But Dim

DaveB is a fount of knowledge

Default It's that time of year again.

Cadbury's Forced To Fight Furious Backlash Against 'Halal' And 'Non-Christian' Easter Eggs | The Huffington Post

Cadbury’s has been forced to slap down furious complaints from misinformed customers that its Easter eggs are Halal-certified.

The global chocolate firm has had to endure a barrage of “anti-Christian” conspiracy theories, spending hours on Twitter correcting outraged users.
    Probably the same people who got so irate about this one.

Britain First Falls For Spoof News Article About 'Easter' Towns | The Huffington Post
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

My post count is Majestic

NickFitz has reached the peak. Play again?

Water is also halal, in the same sense as chocolate - that is, it doesn't contain any forbidden ingredients. The imbeciles don't realise that something can be halal without having to be certified as such. Some of them even think ingredients are being added to the chocolate to make it halal, which is the complete opposite of the way it works - adding something could only ever make the stuff haram

I live on CUK

SueEllen is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post
    Water is also halal, in the same sense as chocolate - that is, it doesn't contain any forbidden ingredients. The imbeciles don't realise that something can be halal without having to be certified as such. Some of them even think ingredients are being added to the chocolate to make it halal, which is the complete opposite of the way it works - adding something could only ever make the stuff haram
    Bloody liberal lefties.

Do you work for the BBC?
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

More fingers than teeth

greenlake has reached the peak. Play again?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    It's that time of year again.

Respect my authoritah!

NotAllThere is always on top

Since when have Easter Eggs been a Christian thing? I thought it was fully pagan?
    Hmm. I'm beginning to suspect that you need to find all the packing the computer came in...

Nice But Dim

Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Since when have Easter Eggs been a Christian thing? I thought it was fully pagan?
    Since the Church appropriated the whole Spring Equinox festival period for their own purposes.

Eggs associated with Easter originated with early Christian communities in Mesapotamia but use of eggs as a symbol of death and rebirth goes back at least 5000 years.

Contractor Among Contractors

Big Blue Plymouth is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post
    Some people argue that the money that gets paid to be halal certified ends up in the hands of certain "charities" whose ends aren't exactly benign.

I Am Legend

BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?

Cadburys are evil. Making chocolate to stop people drinking. Its a disgrace....

Respect my authoritah!

NotAllThere is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Since the Church appropriated the whole Spring Equinox festival period for their own purposes.

Eggs associated with Easter originated with early Christian communities in Mesapotamia but use of eggs as a symbol of death and rebirth goes back at least 5000 years.
    But chocolate Easter Eggs have only been around since the early 19th century.

Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Cadburys are evil. Making chocolate to stop people drinking. Its a disgrace....
    Worked out well though.
    Hmm. I'm beginning to suspect that you need to find all the packing the computer came in...

Nice But Dim

Quote Originally Posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
    Some people argue that the money that gets paid to be halal certified ends up in the hands of certain "charities" whose ends aren't exactly benign.
    Those people are ignorant twats.