• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London KERB food markets

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Obviously a brioche bun. Served in a flat cap?

Otherwise looks incredible.
    No, served in a recyclable tray. We're not in Shoreditch here laddie.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Today's fest:

Stall: Division 194

Buttermilk fried shrimp, served in a warm, crusty baguette and dressed with lettuce, aioli, mustard-pickled cucumber & house hot sauce.

Very good. Tasty king prawns, lovely mix of flavours, nice fresh bread. Expensive at £7 for a sandwich but it was restaurant rather than café standard.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

This looks good - The Bucket List: Kerb lays on fried chicken festival | London Evening Standard

Comment

I've had most of those last summer at various points; Mother Clucker probably do the best fried chicken so just hunt them down at the appropriate Kerb market (they're at WIQ today).

If I was in London today, it would be Patate or Mother Flipper getting the nod. The Dirty Barbie at Mother Flipper is a tenner and far better value than Bleecker Street's Bleecker Black for the same price. For the less-famished, I'd recommend the Candy Bacon Flipper. Droolworthy.

Patate's offering is still a burger but somewhat different; a beef bourguignon burger. Sounds odd but it works so, so well.

If you're a fish traditionalist, Saltwood Fish Bar do the best cod and chips around but their mushy peas aren't to everybody's liking.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
            The Dirty Barbie at Mother Flipper is a tenner and far better value than Bleecker Street's Bleecker Black for the same price. For the less-famished, I'd recommend the Candy Bacon Flipper. Droolworthy.
            WTF is wrong with these people? Does everything HAVE to sound like it's from the menu in a brothel?

If you're a fish traditionalist, Saltwood Fish Bar do the best cod and chips around but their mushy peas aren't to everybody's liking.
            Southerners. pfffft.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
              WTF is wrong with these people? Does everything HAVE to sound like it's from the menu in a brothel?
              I wouldn't know. How do you know brothels have menus?

Comment

Southerners. pfffft.
                Hipster effect unfortunately.

Unfortunately the food is excellent, so you have to ignore such matters.

Those mushy peas are fresh, not everyone likes them that way .
                The fish and chips is amongst some of the best I have had anywhere.

In fact the fish is from Billingsgate, literally a quarter of a mile up the road.
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I wouldn't know. How do you know brothels have menus?
                  It was the picture of the Brothel menu that someone posted last week that gave me the idea.

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                  Hipster effect unfortunately.

Those mushy peas are fresh, not everyone likes them that way .

Freshly made? Or just not old? I'm not sure how it's possible to do mushy peas wrong (barring the obvious 'not cooked enough' scenario). Incidentally, i'm a fan of the frozen variety which seem to have the edge on tinned ones, but don't need 24 hours soaking

Comment

It was the picture of the Brothel menu that someone posted last week that gave me the idea.

Freshly made? Or just not old? I'm not sure how it's possible to do mushy peas wrong (barring the obvious 'not cooked enough' scenario). Incidentally, i'm a fan of the frozen variety which seem to have the edge on tinned ones, but don't need 24 hours soaking
                    Made from fresh peas, rather than by the traditional method, I don't mind either personally.

The former not really mushy peas in the proper sense, IMO.
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Made from fresh peas, rather than by the traditional method, I don't mind either personally.

The former not really mushy peas in the proper sense, IMO.
                      Unacceptable, in my view. That'd spoil my day if I got a load of crushed garden peas over my fish and chips.

Comment

Working...
                      X