• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Donald Trump Jr criticises London Mayor after attack

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    You (accidentally, I'm sure) left out the piece where he made his comments after the bomb in New York last September.

Here's the original source (which was the LES, not the Indy):
    New York explosion: Sadiq Khan says terror attacks are 'part and parcel of life in a big city' | London Evening Standard
    I'm not sure what is the relevance of that.
    The problem is that many people are traumatized by the terror attacks that have taken place over the past 20 years and more. And since 9/11 are asking themselves whether or not Islam as a whole bears some responsibility for those attacks committed by so-called Islamists.
    Regardless of the answer to that question, people will see this Muslim mayor's comments as possibly showing appeasement towards terrorists. I.e. saying that terrorist attacks are bad, but that we must tolerate them.
    This being an absence of complete war against terrorism (aka NOT tolerating it) will lead some people to think that he does hold some sympathy towards it. And that he being a moderate normal Muslim might be reflecting the views of the wider Muslim community.

All very "what-if", but when you are dealing with peoples's collective emotions these things can take on importance.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Odd isn't it - that all posters on this board tend to unite over Trump and his family.
      Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
      Indeed. Not even the Trolls would dare support them.
      I've seen quite a lot of people defending them. I hope they were trolls but with people like Mordac I'm less sure.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Odd isn't it - that all posters on this board tend to unite over Trump and his family.
        Most of the nutcases are currently banned aren't they?

I seem to remember quite a lot of gloating when Trump won.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
          Most of the nutcases are away skiing aren't they?
          ftfy
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
            I'm not sure what is the relevance of that.
            The relevance would be that what Khan says on that video is what the Trumplet was talking about (whether he knew that or not). You can't really get any more relevant than being the very thing that is under discussion

Comment

Trump Jr. commented the following from the London Mayor:

"Part and parcel of living in a great global city is you have to be prepared for these sorts of things, you have to be vigilant, you have to support the police doing an incredibly hard job, you have to support the security services," he said."

But I think we are never vigilant or prepared for the next attack, we just continuing our lives.

Comment

The way it was reacted to suggests otherwise.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  The way it was reacted to suggests otherwise.
                  People are giving him too much importance.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    I've seen quite a lot of people defending them. I hope they were trolls but with people like Mordac I'm less sure.
                    Moi? Troll?
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                      Most of the nutcases are currently banned aren't they?

I seem to remember quite a lot of gloating when Trump won.
                      That probably had more to do with the meltdown effect it had on the Grauniad Brigade
                      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X