• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any new rules coming into force on April 6?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    PS changes is the main thing that is imminent, and if you're likely to be working in the PS, you need to know about.

Over the last few years -

Dividend tax.

RTI reporting.

Agency reporting regulations.
    Thank you. That's exactly what I was looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      You are too kind - remember this is General and the poster has put a similar post in the professional forums.
      Did he?

Comment

Avoid Pubic Sector gigs, change to standard VAT.

That's about it.

Good luck.

qh
        He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

From April 6 asking a stupid question in CUK General will be punishable by a ban.

You've heard it on here first...

Comment

I hear public sector is the place to go. Loads of roles due to come live so should be easy to get a new gig.
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              PS changes is the main thing that is imminent, and if you're likely to be working in the PS, you need to know about.

Over the last few years -

Dividend tax.

RTI reporting.

Agency reporting regulations.
              Yep. I always maxed out my divis up to the upper threshold meaning I never had anything to pay on Jan 31.

Now I will have a £2k+ bill to look forward to paying every year just after Christmas.

As if January isn't depressing enough as it is....

Comment

Working...
              X