• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Israel

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Israel

Visited in the 80's and very interesting from a touristy historical perspective & now thinking it's time for a revisit - Jerusalem seems expensive for hotels & ideally I want 4* + accommodation - but it was always a pricey destination

Anyone been recently?

Also hankering to visit Iran at some stage ... do they still add a paper to your passport in Israel so the Arabs won't know you've visited Israel?

Originally posted by Benny View Post
    Visited in the 80's and very interesting from a touristy historical perspective & now thinking it's time for a revisit - Jerusalem seems expensive for hotels & ideally I want 4* + accommodation - but it was always a pricey destination

Anyone been recently?

Also hankering to visit Iran at some stage ... do they still add a paper to your passport in Israel so the Arabs won't know you've visited Israel?
    I think NWP2C has a falafel stand outside Ben Gurion, he might be able to help.

Comment

Originally posted by Benny View Post

Anyone been recently?

FAIL! Iran is not an Arab country.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        Yet Comoros is an Arab country. No wonder people are confused
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

There are plenty of Arabs living in Iran and one of them might be working at passport control.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
            There are plenty of Arabs living in Iran and one of them might be working at passport control.

2% plenty? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnicities_in_Iran
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Yes.

Comment

true - Arab / Persian or anyone wanting to deny existential rights to Israel then

Comment

"... do they still add a paper to your passport in Israel so the Arabs won't know you've visited Israel?"

Yes - you don't even have to ask for it anymore they do it automatically.

Enjoy - great place, great people and IT wages have shot up in the last 15 years so not a bad place to work if you can get it....

Comment

Tel-Aviv is the city with the highest energy that I have ever visited. Amazing in the most secular & high-tech way.

In total contrast to Jerusalem, which is not my cuppa tea. A day visit has been sufficient for me on two occasions.

Be prepared for the extortionate hotel costs. Amazing fresh produce & variety of (street) food.
                    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Working...
                    X