• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bird Watching (the feathered variety)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bird Watching (the feathered variety)

I need a new hobby, one which involves a bit of exercise and also gets me out of the house at the weekends (to avoid the problem neighbours over the summer).

Bird watching seems like a good option, I've got some bins already and a couple of books so no immediate outlay required.

Any twitchers on here?

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
    I need a new hobby, one which involves a bit of exercise and also gets me out of the house at the weekends (to avoid the problem neighbours over the summer).

Bird watching seems like a good option, I've got some bins already and a couple of books so no immediate outlay required.

Any twitchers on here?
    Sorry, can't help with that. What about golf? Exercise walking round the course. Get set up for a few hundred quid on some reasonable second hand bats.

Comment

Went to Skomer Island last summer, great for bird watching, lots of puffins and other seabirds and a very nice walk around the island as well. Only limited amount of visitors allowed per day so you have to be early to book your place on the small ferry.
      https://www.welshwildlife.org/skomer-skokholm/skomer/

Comment

Originally posted by doconline View Post
        Sorry, can't help with that. What about golf? Exercise walking round the course. Get set up for a few hundred quid on some reasonable second hand bats.
        Tried it. Failed. Lots of lessons with a golf pro, still couldn't hit it straight. Could hit it a long way, just not in the right direction. Lots of lost balls as a result.

Comment

I like duck watching. Chinese crispy duck.

Comment

Any twitchers on here?
            The German supermarkets sell cheap magnifying eye glasses thingies that are suitable for beginning twitchers every now and again, so you should find out when they are on sale and order one.

I like watching birds but don't go out of my way to twitch.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Any twitchers on here?
              Combine it with Geocaching. That way you summat to do when the birds fail to appear.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                I like duck watching. Chinese crispy duck.
                Tits are better.

Comment

Mrs qh does this, we had a Merlin in the garden t'other day.

qh
                  He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                    Tits are better.
                    you want crispy tits?
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X