Brexit DOOM™:  Parts of UK that voted for Brexit may be hardest hit Brexit DOOM™: Parts of UK that voted for Brexit may be hardest hit - Page 3
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Posts 21 to 30 of 121

Old Greg is my bitch's bitch

northernladyuk is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Here is the nub of the argument. His stance WILL be changed, so there we have it.

He is just another "wind and piss" europhile that is about to get a short sharp wake-up call.

The French don't call him "Le cretin des Alpes" for nothing you know.

Your friends at the Mail have the piano wire ready?
    Where there's muck there's brass.

Suffers Fools...Badly!

shaunbhoy is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Your friends at the Mail have the piano wire ready?
    Not at all. Once negotiations begin it will very quickly dawn on some of these ivory-tower morons that the real power behind the throne will lie with the various business interests, both here and on the continent.

All this pathetic sabre-rattling by the gravy-train brigade will be shown up for what it actually is, an inconsequential sideshow.
    You heard it here first.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Better than AtW

sasguru - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Not at all. Once negotiations begin it will very quickly dawn on some of these ivory-tower morons that the real power behind the throne will lie with the various business interests, both here and on the continent.

All this pathetic sabre-rattling by the gravy-train brigade will be shown up for what it actually is, an inconsequential sideshow.
    You heard it here first.

Really?

Here's what those business interests are saying in no uncertain terms:

Manufacturers reject PM’s ‘no deal’ Brexit mantra - The Manufacturer

Japan's Unprecedented Warning To UK Over Brexit

You can't say you weren't warned, but like all boneheaded thickos everywhere, I fear you need to feel the pain of your decisions, which is why I'm really, really hoping for a hard Brexit.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Suffers Fools...Badly!

Quote Originally Posted by sasguru View Post
    Really?

Here's what those business interests are saying in no uncertain terms:

Yes, they are stressing that they want a good deal. No surprises there. That is exactly in line with what businesses across the whole continent will be demanding too.
    And it is for that reason that politicians across the continent will make sure they deliver.
    In the final analysis, they are all accountable to their electorates and not to the megalomaniacs in Brussels.
    This is just posturing.
    You'd be best just leaving all of this to the grown-ups sas, one can almost hear you pissing your pants with nervous excitement.

Quote Originally Posted by sasguru View Post
    You can't say you weren't warned, but like all boneheaded thickos everywhere, I fear you need to feel the pain of your decisions, which is why I'm really, really hoping for a hard Brexit.
    Blah blah blah............
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

My post count is Majestic

vetran is always on top

ah its the bremainer jerk circle off again.

I only went away for a couple of hours.
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

Fingers like lightning

squarepeg is a permanent contractor

They'll get shafted as usual, Brexit or not.
    You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

Suffers Fools...Badly!

Qatar announces £5bn UK investment - BBC News

Boomed I tell ya!!!

The Middle Eastern state of Qatar said that it was optimistic about the future of the British economy.
    It made it clear that the UK leaving the European Union had little bearing on its decision.

Contractor Among Contractors

chopper is NOT a disguised employee

Never ceases to amaze me that scooterscot, sasguru and atw believe we are actually heading for an ultra hard Brexit.

We are getting a transitional deal from 2019 (BAU ahead of a Free Trade Agreement), we are paying the money for that (of course we are)...

And then there will be a General Election in 2020. Thereafter, the transitional arrangement will become a permanent arrangement, probably via an EFTA/EEA agreement.

There will be no hard Brexit. We will be EU members in all but name.

The political posturing right now is nothing other than that.

But it is quite funny watching scooterscot, sasguru and atw squirm, to be honest.

My post count is Majestic

AtW is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by chopper View Post
    But it is quite funny watching scooterscot, sasguru and atw squirm, to be honest.
    We aim to please, admin gave us free forum subscriptions

More fingers than teeth

darmstadt is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by chopper View Post
    Never ceases to amaze me that scooterscot, sasguru and atw believe we are actually heading for an ultra hard Brexit.

We are getting a transitional deal from 2019 (BAU ahead of a Free Trade Agreement), we are paying the money for that (of course we are)...

And then there will be a General Election in 2020. Thereafter, the transitional arrangement will become a permanent arrangement, probably via an EFTA/EEA agreement.

There will be no hard Brexit. We will be EU members in all but name.

The political posturing right now is nothing other than that.

Actually you don't have any idea what the UK is getting. First Article 50 has to be invoked so you'll have to wait until Wednesday for that and then discussions can be begin. Anything else is pure conjecture
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.