Brexit DOOM™:  Parts of UK that voted for Brexit may be hardest hit Brexit DOOM™: Parts of UK that voted for Brexit may be hardest hit - Page 3
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Posts 21 to 30 of 121
  1. #21

    Old Greg is my bitch's bitch

    northernladyuk is a fount of knowledge

    northernladyuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Working the streets of your imagination
    Posts
    9,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Here is the nub of the argument. His stance WILL be changed, so there we have it.

    He is just another "wind and piss" europhile that is about to get a short sharp wake-up call.


    The French don't call him "Le cretin des Alpes" for nothing you know.


    Your friends at the Mail have the piano wire ready?
    Where there's muck there's brass.

  2. #22

    Suffers Fools...Badly!

    shaunbhoy is always on top

    shaunbhoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    South Devon
    Posts
    29,686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Your friends at the Mail have the piano wire ready?
    Not at all. Once negotiations begin it will very quickly dawn on some of these ivory-tower morons that the real power behind the throne will lie with the various business interests, both here and on the continent.

    All this pathetic sabre-rattling by the gravy-train brigade will be shown up for what it actually is, an inconsequential sideshow.
    You heard it here first.

    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

  3. #23

    Better than AtW

    sasguru - scorchio!


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    35,976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Not at all. Once negotiations begin it will very quickly dawn on some of these ivory-tower morons that the real power behind the throne will lie with the various business interests, both here and on the continent.

    All this pathetic sabre-rattling by the gravy-train brigade will be shown up for what it actually is, an inconsequential sideshow.
    You heard it here first.

    Really?

    Here's what those business interests are saying in no uncertain terms:

    Manufacturers reject PM’s ‘no deal’ Brexit mantra - The Manufacturer

    Japan's Unprecedented Warning To UK Over Brexit

    You can't say you weren't warned, but like all boneheaded thickos everywhere, I fear you need to feel the pain of your decisions, which is why I'm really, really hoping for a hard Brexit.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

  4. #24

    Suffers Fools...Badly!

    shaunbhoy is always on top

    shaunbhoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    South Devon
    Posts
    29,686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sasguru View Post
    Really?

    Here's what those business interests are saying in no uncertain terms:

    Yes, they are stressing that they want a good deal. No surprises there. That is exactly in line with what businesses across the whole continent will be demanding too.
    And it is for that reason that politicians across the continent will make sure they deliver.
    In the final analysis, they are all accountable to their electorates and not to the megalomaniacs in Brussels.
    This is just posturing.
    You'd be best just leaving all of this to the grown-ups sas, one can almost hear you pissing your pants with nervous excitement.


    Quote Originally Posted by sasguru View Post
    You can't say you weren't warned, but like all boneheaded thickos everywhere, I fear you need to feel the pain of your decisions, which is why I'm really, really hoping for a hard Brexit.
    Blah blah blah............
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

  5. #25

    My post count is Majestic

    vetran is always on top

    vetran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Come Friendly Bombs
    Posts
    31,377

    Default

    ah its the bremainer jerk circle off again.

    I only went away for a couple of hours.
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

    I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

  6. #26

    Fingers like lightning

    squarepeg is a permanent contractor


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    537

    Default

    They'll get shafted as usual, Brexit or not.
    You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

  7. #27

    Suffers Fools...Badly!

    shaunbhoy is always on top

    shaunbhoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    South Devon
    Posts
    29,686

    Default

    Qatar announces £5bn UK investment - BBC News


    Boomed I tell ya!!!


    The Middle Eastern state of Qatar said that it was optimistic about the future of the British economy.
    It made it clear that the UK leaving the European Union had little bearing on its decision.
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

  8. #28

    Contractor Among Contractors

    chopper is NOT a disguised employee


    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,001

    Default

    Never ceases to amaze me that scooterscot, sasguru and atw believe we are actually heading for an ultra hard Brexit.

    We are getting a transitional deal from 2019 (BAU ahead of a Free Trade Agreement), we are paying the money for that (of course we are)...

    And then there will be a General Election in 2020. Thereafter, the transitional arrangement will become a permanent arrangement, probably via an EFTA/EEA agreement.

    There will be no hard Brexit. We will be EU members in all but name.

    The political posturing right now is nothing other than that.

    But it is quite funny watching scooterscot, sasguru and atw squirm, to be honest.

  9. #29

    My post count is Majestic

    AtW is a fount of knowledge

    AtW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    51,446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chopper View Post
    But it is quite funny watching scooterscot, sasguru and atw squirm, to be honest.
    We aim to please, admin gave us free forum subscriptions

  10. #30

    More fingers than teeth

    darmstadt is a fount of knowledge

    darmstadt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Eurozone
    Posts
    16,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chopper View Post
    Never ceases to amaze me that scooterscot, sasguru and atw believe we are actually heading for an ultra hard Brexit.

    We are getting a transitional deal from 2019 (BAU ahead of a Free Trade Agreement), we are paying the money for that (of course we are)...

    And then there will be a General Election in 2020. Thereafter, the transitional arrangement will become a permanent arrangement, probably via an EFTA/EEA agreement.

    There will be no hard Brexit. We will be EU members in all but name.

    The political posturing right now is nothing other than that.

    But it is quite funny watching scooterscot, sasguru and atw squirm, to be honest.
    Actually you don't have any idea what the UK is getting. First Article 50 has to be invoked so you'll have to wait until Wednesday for that and then discussions can be begin. Anything else is pure conjecture
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •