• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New boiler - tax advice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New boiler - tax advice

I suspect my boiler will die in the next 6 months - even a warm summer will be probably enough to finish it off. So I got a finance quote for a fancy new Ideal model, which I'm pretty happy with. (I've not put any money down yet, so alternatives are welcome)

However it's just occurred to me that there might be something I can do with tax, given that it'd be heating a home office. Are there any schemes or systems which I can use for this sort of thing?

Originally posted by dstumps View Post
    I suspect my boiler will die in the next 6 months - even a warm summer will be probably enough to finish it off. So I got a finance quote for a fancy new Ideal model, which I'm pretty happy with. (I've not put any money down yet, so alternatives are welcome)

However it's just occurred to me that there might be something I can do with tax, given that it'd be heating a home office. Are there any schemes or systems which I can use for this sort of thing?
    Bleed your radiators first, That is fully tax deductible.

Comment

Finance quote with typical APR 9.9%

If you must do this (if you must, I suspect you are on the wrong website, BTW) then you'd be much better off looking elsewhere for your loan - 2.8% from Sainsbury's, 3.6% from Metrobank etc depending on the term length. You can get significantly better than their 9.9% unless you are only after a low amount or a short period of time.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I suggest you place your boiler offshore.

Comment

But you only rent your office. Heating is covered as part of the rent, like the carpet, walls etc. It's not owned by your company.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

If you want a boiler that doesn't last that's the make to get.

Oh and pay for it yourself...
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
              X