New boiler - tax advice New boiler - tax advice
Posts 1 to 7 of 7

Nervous Newbie

dstumps has no reputation

Question New boiler - tax advice

I suspect my boiler will die in the next 6 months - even a warm summer will be probably enough to finish it off. So I got a finance quote for a fancy new Ideal model, which I'm pretty happy with. (I've not put any money down yet, so alternatives are welcome)

However it's just occurred to me that there might be something I can do with tax, given that it'd be heating a home office. Are there any schemes or systems which I can use for this sort of thing?

Old Greg is my bitch's bitch

northernladyuk is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by dstumps View Post
    I suspect my boiler will die in the next 6 months - even a warm summer will be probably enough to finish it off. So I got a finance quote for a fancy new Ideal model, which I'm pretty happy with. (I've not put any money down yet, so alternatives are welcome)

However it's just occurred to me that there might be something I can do with tax, given that it'd be heating a home office. Are there any schemes or systems which I can use for this sort of thing?
    Bleed your radiators first, That is fully tax deductible.
    Where there's muck there's brass.

Faqqed Off

TheFaQQer is a fount of knowledge

Finance quote with typical APR 9.9%

If you must do this (if you must, I suspect you are on the wrong website, BTW) then you'd be much better off looking elsewhere for your loan - 2.8% from Sainsbury's, 3.6% from Metrobank etc depending on the term length. You can get significantly better than their 9.9% unless you are only after a low amount or a short period of time.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Godlike

jamesbrown is a fount of knowledge

I suggest you place your boiler offshore.

My post count is Majestic

northernladuk is always on top

But you only rent your office. Heating is covered as part of the rent, like the carpet, walls etc. It's not owned by your company.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

More fingers than teeth

scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

“We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

I live on CUK

SueEllen is a fount of knowledge

If you want a boiler that doesn't last that's the make to get.

Oh and pay for it yourself...
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR