'Dog kennel' flats in Barnet will be 40% smaller than Travelodge room 'Dog kennel' flats in Barnet will be 40% smaller than Travelodge room - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 42
  1. #11

    Should post faster

    Grasser73 is a permanent contractor

    Grasser73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    When applying to do Architecture the head of the school was telling me about a development of flats in Manchester where the brochure was shot using 3/4 size furniture. When the new owners tried to get their furniture in they found it wouldn't fit.
    Yep, that's a common show home tactic too.

  2. #12

    Super poster

    Halo Jones is NOT a disguised employee

    Halo Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    In my own little world
    Posts
    2,615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eirikur View Post
    Brexit will no-doubt result in further degradation of already pretty bad building regulations in the UK
    Why do you say they are bad ?
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

  3. #13

    Super poster

    The_Equalizer is NOT a disguised employee

    The_Equalizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Back end of UK PLC
    Posts
    2,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grasser73 View Post
    Yep, that's a common show home tactic too.
    New builds give me the fear. A very dear friend is an architectural technician and always has a few horror stories to tell.

  4. #14

    Super poster

    Halo Jones is NOT a disguised employee

    Halo Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    In my own little world
    Posts
    2,615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    New builds give me the fear.
    +1
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

  5. #15

    Double Godlike!

    original PM is a fount of knowledge

    original PM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    12,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    New builds give me the fear. A very dear friend is an architectural technician and always has a few horror stories to tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Jones View Post
    +1
    Well thats just because they want to chuck up the little boxes, pack people in and fook off.

    My mate bought a new build in Widnes (well he says Cronton but...) it is a 3 bed detached with minuscule grounds and within walking distance of pretty much zero amenities

    He paid 230k + has to pay 3 k per year ground rent

    fookin nuts

  6. #16

    Double Godlike!

    LondonManc is a fount of knowledge


    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Work-life balance nirvana
    Posts
    10,107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Jones View Post
    +1
    You've read too many 2000AD comics
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

  7. #17

    Super poster

    The_Equalizer is NOT a disguised employee

    The_Equalizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Back end of UK PLC
    Posts
    2,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by original PM View Post
    Well thats just because they want to chuck up the little boxes, pack people in and fook off.

    My mate bought a new build in Widnes (well he says Cronton but...) it is a 3 bed detached with minuscule grounds and within walking distance of pretty much zero amenities

    He paid 230k + has to pay 3 k per year ground rent

    fookin nuts
    I've always fancied being a house builder, but I'd build lots of mews houses.



    No idea if anyone would buy them.

  8. #18

    Super poster

    Halo Jones is NOT a disguised employee

    Halo Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    In my own little world
    Posts
    2,615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LondonManc View Post
    You've read too many 2000AD comics
    There is that; I have also been around too many toy towns, sorry new developments to understand that with the houses being so close together the acoustic impact will be great & the 1 car park per house will never work
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

  9. #19

    Double Godlike!

    LondonManc is a fount of knowledge


    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Work-life balance nirvana
    Posts
    10,107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Jones View Post
    There is that; I have also been around too many toy towns, sorry new developments to understand that with the houses being so close together the acoustic impact will be great & the 1 car park per house will never work
    Very true, especially on the outskirts of London where driving is still a practical everyday option but people often share flats.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

  10. #20

    My post count is Majestic

    AtW is a fount of knowledge

    AtW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    51,446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Jones View Post
    Why do you say they are bad ?
    Tulip soundproofing

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •