• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

'Dog kennel' flats in Barnet will be 40% smaller than Travelodge room

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    When applying to do Architecture the head of the school was telling me about a development of flats in Manchester where the brochure was shot using 3/4 size furniture. When the new owners tried to get their furniture in they found it wouldn't fit.
    Yep, that's a common show home tactic too.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
      Brexit will no-doubt result in further degradation of already pretty bad building regulations in the UK
      Why do you say they are bad ?
      Growing old is mandatory
      Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Grasser73 View Post
        Yep, that's a common show home tactic too.
        New builds give me the fear. A very dear friend is an architectural technician and always has a few horror stories to tell.

Comment

New builds give me the fear.
          +1
          Growing old is mandatory
          Growing up is optional

Comment

New builds give me the fear. A very dear friend is an architectural technician and always has a few horror stories to tell.
            Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
            +1
            Well thats just because they want to chuck up the little boxes, pack people in and fook off.

My mate bought a new build in Widnes (well he says Cronton but...) it is a 3 bed detached with minuscule grounds and within walking distance of pretty much zero amenities

He paid 230k + has to pay 3 k per year ground rent

fookin nuts

Comment

+1
              You've read too many 2000AD comics
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                Well thats just because they want to chuck up the little boxes, pack people in and fook off.

My mate bought a new build in Widnes (well he says Cronton but...) it is a 3 bed detached with minuscule grounds and within walking distance of pretty much zero amenities

He paid 230k + has to pay 3 k per year ground rent

fookin nuts
                I've always fancied being a house builder, but I'd build lots of mews houses.

No idea if anyone would buy them.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                  You've read too many 2000AD comics
                  There is that; I have also been around too many toy towns, sorry new developments to understand that with the houses being so close together the acoustic impact will be great & the 1 car park per house will never work
                  Growing old is mandatory
                  Growing up is optional

Comment

There is that; I have also been around too many toy towns, sorry new developments to understand that with the houses being so close together the acoustic impact will be great & the 1 car park per house will never work
                    Very true, especially on the outskirts of London where driving is still a practical everyday option but people often share flats.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Why do you say they are bad ?
                      Tulip soundproofing

Comment

Working...
                      X