• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cat GPS Trackers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    There are lots of options

The Best GPS Tracker for Cats 2017 - Lost no More

Just wondered if anyone has tried some before
    Oh. I'd assumed you were taking the piss.

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Or leave a long lasting red paint on its front paws. Could leave suity with some awkward explanations to the missus.

Silly idea. The claw marks on his shoulders would do that already.

Comment

We got the number 6 on that list - the TABCAT (LOC8TOR) CAT TRACKER, which uses RF rather than GPS. It worked fine on locating where the cat had left its collar...

IIRC, some of these real time cat finders are using the 2G mobile network, and doesn't that switch off in a year or so?
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

If you try t out would you report back? We've talked about doing the same when our moggy is allowed to roam free. Mainly after seeing those "secret life of cats" programs, to see where she goes.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          If you try t out would you report back? We've talked about doing the same when our moggy is allowed to roam free. Mainly after seeing those "secret life of cats" programs, to see where she goes.
          We moved house recently and our cat disappears for 24 hours at 10 p.m. every other day and then on return stays in the house for 24 hours. It's very odd.

Cat not sure where rumour about him getting fed elsewhere comes from

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            Any idea which one they used?
            I will ask him

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
              IIRC, the cat paid my old man a fiver to wear the device for it.
              Is the old man a big old ginger tom... actually don't answer that.

This friend's cat is a Norwegian Forest cat, very stupid but very sociable. Likes boats and people. Found it asleep on a friend's narrow boat one christmas, and it jumped onto my boat and came out crusing for the afternoon because we had a party going on.

Comment

The cat probably spends most time kipping in some flea-infested outbuilding or shed somewhere.

I'd just give it a flea collar, which will maybe kill a few fleas where it stays.

(But don't use a permethrin-based dog flea collar, as permethrin is very toxic to cats.)
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

trackers

I've used a cat tracker for the last couple of years, have tried both the tabcat tracker and the Pod 2. Pod 2 is great as it gives tons of data on everything your cat does however it does need recharging very regularly. The tabcat is a nice simple radio frequency tracker which rarely needs charging. I'd probably recommend the tabcat first as recharging the pod2 got pretty tiresome after a while. Good article here which reviews some of the leading ones: The Best GPS Cat Tracker Reviews 2017 – Complete Buyer’s Guide

Comment

Originally posted by danrich View Post
                    I've used a cat tracker for the last couple of years, have tried both the tabcat tracker and the Pod 2. Pod 2 is great as it gives tons of data on everything your cat does however it does need recharging very regularly. The tabcat is a nice simple radio frequency tracker which rarely needs charging. I'd probably recommend the tabcat first as recharging the pod2 got pretty tiresome after a while. Good article here which reviews some of the leading ones: The Best GPS Cat Tracker Reviews 2017 – Complete Buyer’s Guide
                    But where did the cat go? Who was s/he visiting?
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

well my cat didn't go anywhere particularly interesting, just wandered round neighbours gardens. But my grandma used to regularly feed a neighbours cat for months so i'd guess something similar happened here

Comment

Working...
                      X