• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cat GPS Trackers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cat GPS Trackers

MrsMac is a crazy cat lady, and one of them regularly goes missing for 5, 6, even 7 days on end, always comes home but is covered head to toe in fleas when he does, we are a mix of urban houses but also lots of countryside round us.

Curious to see where he goes, and try and track him when he is away, has anyone ever successfully used a GPS collar tracker, either one that can be uploaded once he comes how to show his route, or ideally a real time one, he's an "average" adult size cat.
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    MrsMac is a crazy cat lady, and one of them regularly goes missing for 5, 6, even 7 days on end, always comes home but is covered head to toe in fleas when he does, we are a mix of urban houses but also lots of countryside round us.
    Maybe he's having an affair with suity.

Comment

Strava Beacon: https://www.strava.com/premium/live/beacon

Then you only need a fancy GPS watch strapped to the cat to make this vision a reality. Of course, the cat will have to come back every day to be charged up again.

Or you could get it an iPhone and track it's location via that? Of course, that's got the battery issue too. What about a Nokia 3310, and just call it up and ask?

Loads of options here

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
        Maybe he's having an affair with suity.
        the cat has standards

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          the cat has standards
          It would explain the fleas.

Comment

Friend of mine put one on his cat with great success. Be prepared to be surprised; it sounds as if your cat goes off hunting but this cat was crawling over local factory rooftops, dozing by the fire in other people's sitting rooms and going to the local pub!

Comment

Originally posted by Bacchus View Post
              Friend of mine put one on his cat with great success. Be prepared to be surprised; it sounds as if your cat goes off hunting but this cat was crawling over local factory rooftops, dozing by the fire in other people's sitting rooms and going to the local pub!
              IIRC, the cat paid my old man a fiver to wear the device for it.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post

Then you only need a fancy GPS watch strapped to the cat to make this vision a reality. Of course, the cat will have to come back every day to be charged up again.

Or you could get it an iPhone and track it's location via that? Of course, that's got the battery issue too. What about a Nokia 3310, and just call it up and ask?

Loads of options here
                There are lots of options

The Best GPS Tracker for Cats 2017 - Lost no More

Just wondered if anyone has tried some before

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post

Loads of options here
                  Or leave a long lasting red paint on its front paws. Could leave suity with some awkward explanations to the missus.

Comment

Originally posted by Bacchus View Post
                    Any idea which one they used?

Comment

Working...
                    X