• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

At last

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    If there's the slightest bit of truth in that then the question should be why isn't the NHS buying its paracetamol from Tescos.
    That would have been an option if NICE could find its elbow. I suspect Tesco / ALDi buy them cheaper than they sell them for.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      That would have been an option if NICE could find its elbow. I suspect Tesco / ALDi buy them cheaper than they sell them for.
      I don't think NICE procures meds for the NHS.

Comment

According to the Wail, Fentanil (sic - should be Fentanyl), a drug for pain control for terminally ill cancer patients won't be paid for by the NHS either. Seems a bit harsh. Fentanyl | Cancer Research UK Apparently £5 a pill... But perhaps there are more cost-efficient alternatives.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

The NHS would work fine it the proles did not see it as an alternative option to going to work.

E.g.

Prole's Mum - Are you going to work today?
          Prole - Nah cannot be bothered thought I would hang around A&E for a few hours and get some free drugs
          Prole's Mum - ok can you get some lard on your way home?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
            The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) is the
            independent organisation responsible for providing national guidance
            and quality standards on the promotion of good health, the prevention
            and treatment of ill health, and social care; advice on medicines and
            prescribing
            ; and indicators for the Quality and Outcomes Framework
            (QOF) for GP services and the Clinical Commissioning Group
            Outcomes Indicator Set (CCGOIS). This document will use the term
            guidance to cover all these evidence-based products. NICE also
            provides resources to support the implementation of its guidance, and
            NICE Evidence Services give access to clinical and non-clinical
            evidence-based information of the highest quality.
            If they can deny drugs based on cost I would suggest this falls within their remit.

Just suggesting they want to restrict Aspirin would probably start a bidding war.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
              You gotta laugh at the way the cretin pontificates about stuff he has no idea about.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                According to the Wail, Fentanil (sic - should be Fentanyl), a drug for pain control for terminally ill cancer patients won't be paid for by the NHS either. Seems a bit harsh. Fentanyl | Cancer Research UK Apparently £5 a pill... But perhaps there are more cost-efficient alternatives.
                one hopes there are cheaper alternatives.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  Fentanyl is also given to patients who cannot be given aspirin/salicylate acid-based painkillers, because they are allergic to them. It's not like cancer patients or people allergic to salicylate acid have a choice. I can understand a lot of other cuts, though. Like removing erectile dysfunction drugs.
                  You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    You gotta laugh at the way the cretin pontificates about stuff he has no idea about.
                    Says the forum's senior moonhowling puddledrinker!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                      If there's the slightest bit of truth in that then the question should be why isn't the NHS buying its paracetamol from Tescos.
                      Because nobody gives a monkeys when they're spending other people's money.

Comment

Working...
                      X