• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Westminster Bridge...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Westminster Bridge, eh? How appropriate....

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
      My last bike was a Deauville. I likened it to a Toyota Corolla. Not pretty, didn't excel at anything at all, and was under powered. It was just very good at everything it did. Not inspiring in the slightest, but a bloody good bike nonetheless.
      Well. I bought this one because I had a bowel cancer op three years ago and I was somewhat sensitive about putting weight on my gut (like pressing on the tank of my VFR) so I bought this because it's more sit up and beg.

I agree it's a strange bike, but Honda must have done their research and done it right because, as you say, it doesn't excell at much (it wouldn't be a good track bike because the pegs go down too soon) and it won't cruise at the ton plus, it's only got a few horse power, the engine is pre-historic and there's pretty basic suspension but it does have the ability to cruise at illegal speeds in the UK if you want it to, it can still outdrag most cars from the lights, you can sit with the bike stationary without putting a foot down and it can carry your sandwiches. And do 60mpg as well.

My last one covered 2.5 times around the clock before the rear swing arm rotted out and gave way, the only really bad thing about them is that they weigh too much. And when they fall over, they are a bit of a tug to get back on the level again.

So yes, a confusing bike, but what it can do it does without any drama. As long as you don't fall asleep riding it... Yes. I did once...

But it does have a tendency to pop and bang at the most innapropriate times... I'm on my 2nd exhaust...

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
        Westminster Bridge, eh? How appropriate....

Have to wonder if the stonework masons had any idea what they were doing....

Comment

Originally posted by Lost It View Post
          Have to wonder if the stonework masons had any idea what they were doing....
          They were probably of purer mind rather than puerile mind back then.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
            They were probably of purer mind rather than puerile mind back then.
            Well. Being a Construction Manager I blame the Architects anyway. They are all failed artists at the end of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost It View Post
              Well. Being a Construction Manager I blame the Architects anyway. They are all failed artists at the end of the day.
              They are artists who like eating.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                They are artists who like eating.
                Tea over keyboard moment right there.

Comment

Working...
                X