Westminster Bridge... Westminster Bridge... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 11 to 17 of 17
  1. #11

    More fingers than teeth

    greenlake has reached the peak. Play again?

    greenlake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    13,189

    Default

    Westminster Bridge, eh? How appropriate....


  2. #12

    More time posting than coding

    Lost It has more data than eek


    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Hayling Island
    Posts
    273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    My last bike was a Deauville. I likened it to a Toyota Corolla. Not pretty, didn't excel at anything at all, and was under powered. It was just very good at everything it did. Not inspiring in the slightest, but a bloody good bike nonetheless.
    Well. I bought this one because I had a bowel cancer op three years ago and I was somewhat sensitive about putting weight on my gut (like pressing on the tank of my VFR) so I bought this because it's more sit up and beg.

    I agree it's a strange bike, but Honda must have done their research and done it right because, as you say, it doesn't excell at much (it wouldn't be a good track bike because the pegs go down too soon) and it won't cruise at the ton plus, it's only got a few horse power, the engine is pre-historic and there's pretty basic suspension but it does have the ability to cruise at illegal speeds in the UK if you want it to, it can still outdrag most cars from the lights, you can sit with the bike stationary without putting a foot down and it can carry your sandwiches. And do 60mpg as well.

    My last one covered 2.5 times around the clock before the rear swing arm rotted out and gave way, the only really bad thing about them is that they weigh too much. And when they fall over, they are a bit of a tug to get back on the level again.

    So yes, a confusing bike, but what it can do it does without any drama. As long as you don't fall asleep riding it... Yes. I did once...

    But it does have a tendency to pop and bang at the most innapropriate times... I'm on my 2nd exhaust...

  3. #13

    More time posting than coding

    Lost It has more data than eek


    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Hayling Island
    Posts
    273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenlake View Post
    Westminster Bridge, eh? How appropriate....

    Have to wonder if the stonework masons had any idea what they were doing....

  4. #14

    Double Godlike!

    LondonManc is a fount of knowledge


    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Work-life balance nirvana
    Posts
    10,107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lost It View Post
    Have to wonder if the stonework masons had any idea what they were doing....
    They were probably of purer mind rather than puerile mind back then.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

  5. #15

    More time posting than coding

    Lost It has more data than eek


    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Hayling Island
    Posts
    273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LondonManc View Post
    They were probably of purer mind rather than puerile mind back then.
    Well. Being a Construction Manager I blame the Architects anyway. They are all failed artists at the end of the day.

  6. #16

    I live on CUK

    SueEllen is a fount of knowledge

    SueEllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in the Park
    Posts
    29,068

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lost It View Post
    Well. Being a Construction Manager I blame the Architects anyway. They are all failed artists at the end of the day.
    They are artists who like eating.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

  7. #17

    More time posting than coding

    Lost It has more data than eek


    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Hayling Island
    Posts
    273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    They are artists who like eating.
    Tea over keyboard moment right there.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •