• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Westminster Bridge...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Westminster Bridge...

Well. I'm using my "spare bike" for my commute to London Westminster this week, my VFR Vtec is having a valve service...

It's a Honda Deauville, which I call the Dustbin because, well, it's a bit rubbish but they do go forever...

As I was cruising across Westminster Bridge this morning at about 06:45, I closed the throttle to coast up to the lights at which point the blasted thing decided that this was the prime, best opportunity ever to kill me, and probably the most suitable place on the whole planet to produce, manufacture and release an enormous full blown backfire...

I have to confess I almost filled the panniers.

Originally posted by Lost It View Post
    Well. I'm using my "spare bike" for my commute to London Westminster this week, my VFR Vtec is having a valve service...

It's a Honda Deauville, which I call the Dustbin because, well, it's a bit rubbish but they do go forever...

As I was cruising across Westminster Bridge this morning at about 06:45, I closed the throttle to coast up to the lights at which point the blasted thing decided that this was the prime, best opportunity ever to kill me, and probably the most suitable place on the whole planet to produce, manufacture and release an enormous full blown backfire...

Cool story bro.
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Inneresting...
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

My last bike was a Deauville. I likened it to a Toyota Corolla. Not pretty, didn't excel at anything at all, and was under powered. It was just very good at everything it did. Not inspiring in the slightest, but a bloody good bike nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
            My last bike was a Deauville. I likened it to a Toyota Corolla. Not pretty, didn't excel at anything at all, and was under powered. It was just very good at everything it did. Not inspiring in the slightest, but a bloody good bike nonetheless.
            Must have been a confusing time for you. I can see why you got rid of it.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
              Must have been a confusing time for you. I can see why you got rid of it.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                I can see why you got rid of it.
                It tried to get rid of me. Well, actually, the dozy bint who drove straight into me did. It got written off.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
                  It tried to get rid of me. Well, actually, the dozy bint who drove straight into me did. It got written off.
                  So it wasn't very good at impacts then.

There, that's sorted your confusion out. You're welcome.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

At least it wasn't a tyre blowout - these can sound a lot like gunfire, like at 0:29 in the following, even on a pushbike:

Comment

Working...
                    X