• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Maybe US gun laws are okay after all

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK gun laws aren't too bad either - th epolice don't like to admit it but a Section 2 shotgun certificate is a 'must issue'; as long as you're not a prohibited person (essentially not been sentenced to jail time) and have safe storage (gun cabinet) then the police HAVE to issue your SGC unless they can prove a specific reason not to.

Then you can have as many shotguns as you like provided they aren't capable of holding more than two cartridges in a fixed magazine / don't have a detachable magazine / aren't shorter than 40" with a 24" barrel / all fit in your cabinet.

£50 for the SGC applicaton; £100(ish) for a cabinet; anything from £30 for a ratty double barrel 12 bore to £400 up for a pump action or semi-auto.

Comment

Originally posted by David71 View Post
      UK gun laws aren't too bad either

Then you can have as many shotguns as you like provided they aren't capable of holding more than two cartridges in a fixed magazine / don't have a detachable magazine / aren't shorter than 40" with a 24" barrel / all fit in your cabinet.
      Now compare that with AR-15...

Two cartridges LOL, might as well use a musket.
      Last edited by AtW; 29 March 2017, 01:32.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Two cartridges LOL, might as well use a musket.
        In that case go for a Section 1 Firearm certificate (harder to get as the onus in on you to prove why it should be issued) and you can get something much more fun Ten shot 12 bore shotguns are not uncommon...and are fun to shoot....

Still not up to AR-15 standard but to be honest a .223 for home defense (where allowed) would be waaaay too much gun - go through the bad guy, and the person standing next to them!

Anyway, moot point as in the enlightened UK any form of 'planned' self-defence is an offence

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          How about a couple of T-34s parked outside your house....?

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post

I would be worried about someone trying to nick them...
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I think I remember Tony Martin was boasting in the local pub he would shoot anyone that came into his home, hence the pre-meditated argument.

And he shot the kid/burgler in the back. And his pump action shot-gun was illegal.

Anyway he's out now I believe.

AK-15, not really going to come back from that. I'm surprised anyone burgles anyone in the US given the laws, but them's the desperate people.

qh
              He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                I would be worried about someone trying to nick them...
                You can put one of those yellow thingies on steering wheel (works best on a Tiger tank)

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
                  I think I remember Tony Martin was boasting in the local pub he would shoot anyone that came into his home, hence the pre-meditated argument.

And he shot the kid/burgler in the back. And his pump action shot-gun was illegal.

Anyway he's out now I believe.

AK-15, not really going to come back from that. I'm surprised anyone burgles anyone in the US given the laws, but them's the desperate people.

qh
                  Pre meditation was to rob Martin

Comment

According to this Killing of 3 teens during burglary may test Oklahoma 'stand your ground' law - ABC News they've not yet decided whether to prosecute the killer. Interestingly, the getaway driver could be prosecuted for murder - due to being involved in a criminal activity that resulted in deaths.

Hopefully they hadn't already bred - then you could view it as evolution in action. #StupidLivesMatter
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post

Bit tricky tracking a target traversing across your front at more than 10mph though. At least I can't when I'm playing WoT on my X box.

Comment

Working...
                      X