• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Live from Polski Sklep. Some polish already planning return

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its very sad if people feel unwelcome in the UK. However its not personal. Its just that the country is full.

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
      I knew few friends that are going back to Poland. Mostly unskilled workers. Rumour goes in polski sklep that many shoppers (poles) are considering /planning to leave the island. Not sure how will that translate into numbers, but it actually might.

I'm not planning to leave yet, but definitely got this on the table now.

boomed for you I guess.
      OMG!

Its the start of the predicted brain drain
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        its very sad if people feel unwelcome in the UK. However its not personal. Its just that the country is full.
        I'm not a judge. Just saying what word goes.

Comment

Not quite. I firmly believe that too. And as for poles being the reason for brexit? I think it was large factor.
          Sorry to burst your bubble but I do not think anyone went to the polls thinking I will vote brexit because of the poles.

(see what i did there!)

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            Sorry to burst your bubble but I do not think anyone went to the polls thinking I will vote brexit because of the poles.

(see what i did there!)
            Poles is total majority (900k-1m, next indians circa 200k - see the gap) of migrants here and it was about migration (that is poles!)

Comment

Poles is total majority (900k-1m, next indians circa 200k - see the gap) of migrants here and it was about migration (that is poles!)
              You're right. Every vote I cast was because of you personally.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                You're right. Every vote I cast was because of you personally.

Comment

Shoe polish?

Comment

Just to try and divert this from becoming some anti-Pole, anti-BREXIT, anti-everything rant ( we have enough of those ).

What's been the effect on Poland of Free Movement of people? Has everyone in Poland who had some get-up-and-go, got up and left? Are there empty, dying towns, starved of young workers? Are there lots of "holiday homes" springing up?

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
                      Just to try and divert this from becoming some anti-Pole, anti-BREXIT, anti-everything rant ( we have enough of those ).

What's been the effect on Poland of Free Movement of people? Has everyone in Poland who had some get-up-and-go, got up and left? Are there empty, dying towns, starved of young workers? Are there lots of "holiday homes" springing up?
                      I don't care. passing the news.

Comment

Working...
                      X