• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Live from Polski Sklep. Some polish already planning return

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    The Daily Express isn't a well regarded newspaper. You are much better of asking people you meet why they decided to come to the UK as you can get some funny replies.
    Is deeper than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
      The British needs to stop and think why the Pols are in the UK,
      Is it anything like
      • Poland is a dump?

Comment

Originally posted by Benny View Post
        Is it anything like
        • Poland is a dump?
        Deeper.

Try to change the perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
          Maybe because of that Thugs beat up a shopkeeper after he defended a Polish teen | Daily Mail Online
          You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

Comment

Didn't know you lived in Stroud or some other back water.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Didn't know you lived in Stroud or some other back water.
              I live in London. Have Polish friends. Get to hear a lot of similar stories. Kids beaten up at school, asked when they are going back to Poland. Not fun.
              You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by squarepeg View Post
                I live in London. Have Polish friends. Get to hear a lot of similar stories. Kids beaten up at school, asked when they are going back to Poland. Not fun.
                replace Polish by negroes, pakistani or Indians and the outrage would be in every paper

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
                  Deeper.

Try to change the perspective.
                  Poland is a deep dump ?

Comment

No wonder we've got brexit since such dumb people were allowed to vote on such complicated topic.
                    Odd how in the 70's it was a simple in or out vote eh?

As for Polish, I grew up in Hastings where there are strong ties to the Polish community (and have been since WW2). I see the same thing here in Manchester. Things are very different in Bournemouth (where my SIL lives) where these 'foreigners' are taking our jobs etc etc. Oddly the only time you see an Asian is in the Indian restaurant (where, I understand they have to endure most kinds of casual racism). So I guess if you live in an area that went through all of the immigration from the 50's on wards then there's a different perspective. I do note however that most East Europeans have a healthy disrespect for Romanians.

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
                      I do note however that most East Europeans have a healthy disrespect for Romanians.
                      Not romanian but gypsies. The same way as english towards irish travellers. Long list of reasons for this.
                      Last edited by diseasex; 31 March 2017, 07:59.

Comment

Working...
                      X