• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So to summarise Brexit on day 1 after Article 50

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• g
    The irony that we are the ones choosing to bring back border controls has passed most Brexiters today. Are we not also discussing Ireland and NI as a special case as well?

There's going to be a lot more Brexit snowflake Outrage to come.
    Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

I'm sure all 17m Brexit voters have carefully considered Gibraltar as well as Ireland in their deliberations and we needn't worry.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
        I'm sure all 17m Brexit voters have carefully considered Gibraltar as well as Ireland in their deliberations and we needn't worry.
        Who needs Gibraltar when you can holiday in Ramsgate? ;-)
        You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

Comment

Will the Moroccans get their island back?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ceuta

The government of Morocco has repeatedly called for Spain to transfer the sovereignty of Ceuta and Melilla, along with uninhabited islets such as the islands of Alhucemas, Velez and the Perejil island, drawing comparisons with Spain's territorial claim to Gibraltar.[30] In both cases, the national governments and local populations of the disputed territories reject these claims by a large majority.[31] The Spanish position states that both Ceuta and Melilla are formative parts of Spain, and that their history does not significantly diverge from that of other cities of Spanish Spain, whereas Gibraltar, being a British Overseas Territory, is not and never has been part of the United Kingdom
          Thought not.
          First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
            I didn't. I considered the EU to be a failing construct, and came to the conclusion that we would be better off out of it when it finally does go to tulip.

The fact that Brexit will accelerate that process is just a nice bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by RetSet View Post
              I didn't. I considered the EU to be a failing construct, and came to the conclusion that we would be better off out of it when it finally does go to tulip.

The fact that Brexit will accelerate that process is just a nice bonus.
              Selfish!

Oh well when you get blown up by a bomb you will know why.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                Selfish!

Oh well when you get blown up by a bomb you will know why.
                We seem to be doing quite well avoiding the caliphate so far. Unlike our European chums.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Mmmm, 490 million for passports but no 350 million for the NHS, someone's priorities are a bit askew...
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

A good long war with Oceania will help the proles forget about Tory cuts...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      A good long war with Oceania will help the proles forget about Tory cuts...
                      Fake News!

Feck this is 1984!
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X