• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Goes Around Comes Around

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goes Around Comes Around

I really dislike cocky contractors. On the whole most fellow contractors are OK, however you always get a few rotton apples in a barrel.

Fairly large character, in more ways than one, keeps going on about how his current role is low level, compared to the Senior Management and Director level roles he has held before.
    Difficult to believe, especially given the totally useless suggestions he keeps on coming up with, although I believe some of the other guys humour him.

I have sometimes found myself at my wits end and even a public dressing down of Mr Cocky Contractor didn't help, although everyone backed me up after.

Anyway its really no worries, I'm really good mates with the MD, he's my sons godfather actually, so I can easily replace him with some guy from TATA Consulting, it will probably make no difference to the output.

As a contractor the rule is to 'take the money and not get involved in politics', but I reckon that I've now gained a reputation as an up & coming player in the game, have now made myself invaluable, plus I've now lined up all the ducks, he doesn;t know what he's doing and so I'm going to let him try it on with me again. He escalates on every little issue, but I feel I've now made it iron proof, so I'm going to let him escalate an issue on me which is going to backfire then I've got the *****!

Sometimes you can wait, sometimes it's worth giving someone the rope.
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Pieces of weight, Pieces of weight!

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Urban Dictionary: cuntractor

Comment

Eh, what has he actually done?

The only dressing down mentioned in your post is one that you gave him.

You do mention that he's boastful, which I quite believe with all that stuff about, "I've now gained a reputation as an up & coming player in the game, have now made myself invaluable". Oh, wait a second, that was you... Err, anyway, I'm sure he is boastful because you've said he is.

But what has he actually done which is attracting such ire?

Comment

Originally posted by Lambert Simnel View Post

You do mention that he's boastful, which I quite believe with all that stuff about, "I've now gained a reputation as an up & coming player in the game, have now made myself invaluable". Oh, wait a second, that was you
          ... Err, anyway, I'm sure he is boastful because you've said he is.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...es-around.html
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by Lambert Simnel View Post

You do mention that he's boastful, which I quite believe with all that stuff about, "I've now gained a reputation as an up & coming player in the game, have now made myself invaluable". Oh, wait a second, that was you... Err, anyway, I'm sure he is boastful because you've said he is.

Nothing, do you believe him?

Or

What MrMarky have done.

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
              Nothing, do you believe him?

Or

What MrMarky have done.
              Mark is effectively a bully. He'll get his eventually and then

What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Mark is effectively a bully. He'll get his eventually and then

Yeah, he is a bully and now he is complaining probably from another bully.

What goes around comes around.

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
                  Yeah, he is a bully and now he is complaining probably from another bully.

What goes around comes around.
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                    I reckon that I've now gained a reputation as an up & coming player in the game, have now made myself invaluable,
                    Don't make me laugh.
                    You're just small tulipter making potentially millions for company that employs you whilst paying you out pennies in comparision

Comment

Working...
                    X