• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

As you were, stand down sas, blasterbates, & co - Brexit has been cancelled!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As you were, stand down sas, blasterbates, & co - Brexit has been cancelled!

Drat! The time on my PC was wrong - It's a day too early!
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Drat! The time on my PC was wrong - It's a day too early!
    It won't be . This tulip is going ahead and brexiters will regret. I'm really really sure they will.

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
      This tulip is going ahead and brexiters will regret. I'm really really sure they will.
      As a Brexiter, I'm starting to come around to that POV myself

Comment

It won't be . This tulip is going ahead and brexiters will regret. I'm really really sure they will.
        Nope, we're loving it.

Comment

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I'm after tough stance of EU on trade talks. Traitors should be punished. Campaign full of lies, and yet everyones playing still. So be it.

Decided yesterday that i'm slowly selling my assets over next year or 2 and leaving too. Country where kids get beat up in school for being polish is no place to raise my daughter

Comment

Henceforth, every day in the UK will be known as All Fools' Day.

Comment

I'm after tough stance of EU on trade talks. Traitors should be punished. Campaign full of lies, and yet everyones playing still. So be it.

Decided yesterday that i'm slowly selling my assets over next year or 2 and leaving too. Country where kids get beat up in school for being polish is no place to raise my daughter
                Neither side covered themselves in glory. The remain side didn't have anything positive to say about the EU so had to resort to threats and fear, which tipped a lot of people into the leave camp.

Even your own message shows the EU has nothing to offer us, so has to resort to thinking of British people as 'traitors' who must be punished, rather than acceptance that British people didn't share their view of a European superstate and wanted out of that. But there is no need to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Just as a point here, I am ashamed by your fear for your daughter being beaten up in school because you are Polish. It isn't even 80 years since Britain stood shoulder to shoulder with Poland at the outbreak of World War 2. Brexit Britain is supposed to be about expanding our world view rather than being confined to the fortress that is the European Union. It seems there is a racist minority that, quite frankly, can piss off to the Principality of Sealand if they want an island fortress free from anyone 'different'.
                Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
                  Neither side covered themselves in glory. The remain side didn't have anything positive to say about the EU so had to resort to threats and fear, which tipped a lot of people into the leave camp.

Even your own message shows the EU has nothing to offer us, so has to resort to thinking of British people as 'traitors' who must be punished, rather than acceptance that British people didn't share their view of a European superstate and wanted out of that. But there is no need to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Just as a point here, I am ashamed by your fear for your daughter being beaten up in school because you are Polish. It isn't even 80 years since Britain stood shoulder to shoulder with Poland at the outbreak of World War 2. Brexit Britain is supposed to be about expanding our world view rather than being confined to the fortress that is the European Union. It seems there is a racist minority that, quite frankly, can piss off to the Principality of Sealand if they want an island fortress free from anyone 'different'.

Nothing to offer? Withdrawing from EU will show you what it had on offer. Single market, peace, collaboration between neighbours, stability and prosperity. A group of 400m people feeling like being part of project that will prevent any wars and completely resolve any conflicts arising, like growing nationalism etc. You will get little of that now.

I adored British . But now I don't.

I'm listening to LBC every day and every time european calls they are absolutely outraged. Yeah pissed like hell. Left EU for what reason ? Have few less stupid laws or have own stupid laws? You could have had them anyway. Just like 0 hour contracts..
                  Now that it had happened its just pure SHOCK
                  Last edited by diseasex; 31 March 2017, 10:22.

Comment

Has there been much talk about the British being traitors. I do vaguely remember some fool using the word 'deserter' - have I got that right. Nothing as bold as the brave statements of our blackshirted friends in the Mail:

Accepting what you say about how we should retain an affection for Poles, to say that Britain stood shoulder-to-shoulder with Poland is slightly rich. More the other way round.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western...f_WWII.2C_1939

Comment

Working...
                    X