• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit DOOM™: Bloodbath in the City

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    AtW's 'bloodbath' might be a bit OTT though.
    Not OTT for those who'll lose their jobs!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Not OTT for those who'll lose their jobs!
      Are you SAS by any chance? I thought the jobs were moving. Moreover, it's London. It's not as if there's a shortage of work should people wish to stay.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
        Are you SAS by any chance? I thought the jobs were moving. Moreover, it's London. It's not as if there's a shortage of work should people wish to stay.
        I am Spartacus.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          I am Spartacus.
          And I'm tired and grumpy! Please ignore the previous comment if it sounded a little short.

Comment

JP Morgan is going to move a sizeable number of jobs, most probably to Dublin. It's in negotitations for a building there. That's a fact.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              History is rife with situations where good sense did not prevail.
              YOUR history is, but you are hardly a benchmark for anything that cannot reasonably be labelled as slapstick.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                JP Morgan is going to move a sizeable number of jobs, most probably to Dublin. It's in negotitations for a building there. That's a fact.
                Price worth paying for what will be a token gesture on the freedom of movement.

It's fairly clear that the EU will offer a deal on goods and agriculture and completely ignore services. For the goods they'ŕe going to demand preferential access for EU immigrants.

So basically the UK will end up shut out on services and they'll keep bits of their car industry and there will still be 100'000's of migrants from the EU flooding in.

It really is totally pathetic.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  It's fairly clear that the EU will offer a deal on goods and agriculture and completely ignore services.

Comment

Working...
                  X