• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit: Gibraltar angered by Spain's EU 'veto'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael Howard hinting at declaring war on Spain.

Brexit could turn Gibraltar in to the next Falklands, senior Conservatives suggest | The Independent

Is this more "project fact"

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
      I bet the Brexit deplorables didn't see this Gibraltar thing coming
      I'm sure they thought the EU would behave like grown ups. Obviously wrong.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Well, that's pretty much going to guarantee that Spain will veto any deal now.

Tory Scum want hard Brexit to blame EU for their own incompetence.

Comment

"Theresa May 'would go to war' to defend the sovereignty of Gibraltar - Michael Howard" So we haven't even left the EU and senior Tories are threatening the possibility of war with Europe, 70 years of peace in EU countries, 4 days since Article 50 and look at the Imperialists return to the 1820's
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            "Theresa May 'would go to war' to defend the sovereignty of Gibraltar - Michael Howard" So we haven't even left the EU and senior Tories are threatening the possibility of war with Europe, 70 years of peace in EU countries, 4 days since Article 50 and look at the Imperialists return to the 1820's
            Yup, that will show 'em, great warm up for the negotiations...

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              Michael Howard hinting at declaring war on Spain.

Brexit could turn Gibraltar in to the next Falklands, senior Conservatives suggest | The Independent

Is this more "project fact"

Well, well, Hamface was more prescient than we thought.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                Resistance is fEUtile
                http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

“It is not a problem that was born yesterday. It has been with us a long time and we have always listened to both sides. Now we are going to support the member state. That is the philosophy behind it. I wouldn’t think any of the 26 other states will somehow try to undermine this clause.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...mats-say-spain

I reckon Argentina will apply to join EU by end of 2030...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    “It is not a problem that was born yesterday. It has been with us a long time and we have always listened to both sides. Now we are going to support the member state. That is the philosophy behind it. I wouldn’t think any of the 26 other states will somehow try to undermine this clause.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...mats-say-spain

I reckon Argentina will apply to join EU by end of 2030...
                    Perhaps the general public don't foresee these things, but it's proceeding as if to script. The UK "reminds" the EU that the UK has a "security surplus" and the EU responds in kind by "reminding" the UK that it's no longer concerned about their sovereign interests. Gibraltar is the perfect vessel (which is presumably why HMG didn't mention it in the A50 letter). It's playground stuff. Anyone who thought the phony war ended on 29 March was mistaken. We've got around 17 months of this to look forward to.

Comment

The UK is not going to start a conflict over that rock anyway. Can you imagine the headlines? 'Swivel eyed Brexiters end 72 years of peace in Europe'
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X