Any bregreters on this forum? Any bregreters on this forum?
Posts 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Banned

    diseasex has more data than eek


    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    1,990

    Default Any bregreters on this forum?

    Just wonder if anyone regrets their decision and would vote otherwise (regardless of brexit or bremain)

  2. #2

    Contractor Among Contractors

    chopper is NOT a disguised employee


    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,001

    Default

    I was a fence sitter for some time, and only in the last days running up to the referendum did I swing towards leave. Something about the massively overexaggerated fear and threats, plus Juncker's intervention.

    Since the vote, I haven't wavered back towards or over to the other side of the fence and so do not regret my vote.

    Nothing about the events leading up to it or since have led me to think the EU was ever our 'friend' but rather liked our financial contributions and so put up with us.

  3. #3

    Should post faster

    glebe digital is too good to be a permie


    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    back of beyond
    Posts
    134

    Default

    No, I still think it will prove to be the lesser of two evils.

  4. #4

    Old Greg is my bitch's bitch

    northernladyuk is a fount of knowledge

    northernladyuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Working the streets of your imagination
    Posts
    9,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chopper View Post
    I was a fence sitter for some time, and only in the last days running up to the referendum did I swing towards leave. Something about the massively overexaggerated fear and threats, plus Juncker's intervention.

    Since the vote, I haven't wavered back towards or over to the other side of the fence and so do not regret my vote.

    Nothing about the events leading up to it or since have led me to think the EU was ever our 'friend' but rather liked our financial contributions and so put up with us.
    Jacob Rees Mogg and his nanny are your friends.
    Where there's muck there's brass.

  5. #5

    Godlike

    jamesbrown is a fount of knowledge

    jamesbrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    7,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Jacob Rees Mogg and his nanny are your friends.
    The EU's unfunded liabilities are now approaching 2.6 JRM nannies. At 2.7 nannies, Jean-Claude will need to partially liquidate the EC's wine cellar. Glug, glug.

  6. #6

    Godlike

    PurpleGorilla - scorchio!

    PurpleGorilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,642

    Default Any bregreters on this forum?

    I regret the division it has caused in families, friendships and the countries of the UK.

  7. #7

    More fingers than teeth

    scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

    scooterscot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain
    Posts
    19,556

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chopper View Post
    Nothing about the events leading up to it or since have led me to think the EU was ever our 'friend' but rather liked our financial contributions and so put up with us.
    UK’s ‘net contribution’ was estimated at about £8.6 billion in 2016. Pocket change really.

    In the year before the UK spent £12 billion foreign aid.

    The benefits to us from aid spending are what exactly?

    The benefits from being EU members are clear. Tax free trade for one. Honestly I'll laugh my pants off if the UK finds itself spending more than £8billion a year on tariffs (or extended business bureaucracy) whilst not receiving the funds for the mini projects around the land, which the UK clearly has no intention of maintaining.
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

  8. #8

    Godlike

    PurpleGorilla - scorchio!

    PurpleGorilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,642

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    UK’s ‘net contribution’ was estimated at about £8.6 billion in 2016. Pocket change really.

    In the year before the UK spent £12 billion foreign aid.

    The benefits to us from aid spending are what exactly?

    The benefits from being EU members are clear. Tax free trade for one. Honestly I'll laugh my pants off if the UK finds itself spending more than £8billion a year on tariffs (or extended business bureaucracy) whilst not receiving the funds for the mini projects around the land, which the UK clearly has no intention of maintaining.
    The benefits of aid spending are to help make a better place for the third world so they don't jump on boats and Cross the med in an attempt for a better like in the EU gated community.

  9. #9

    More fingers than teeth

    scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

    scooterscot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain
    Posts
    19,556

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    The benefits of aid spending are to help make a better place for the third world so they don't jump on boats and Cross the med in an attempt for a better like in the EU gated community.
    'developing world' - we share the same planet you know.

    Ah yes the UK spent £1.75 billion bombing Libya, a conflict that should never have happened. We spent £1.75 to destabilised northern Africa so people would jump on boats and drown themselves in the thousands so we could spend billions on aid on them as an act of kindness.
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

  10. #10

    Godlike

    PurpleGorilla - scorchio!

    PurpleGorilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,642

    Default Any bregreters on this forum?

    Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    'developing world' - we share the same planet you know.

    Ah yes the UK spent £1.75 billion bombing Libya, a conflict that should never have happened. We spent £1.75 to destabilised northern Africa so people would jump on boats and drown themselves in the thousands so we could spend billions on aid on them as an act of kindness.
    Yeah - my bad - developing world.

    Maybe the EU should look to make North Africa nice rather than protectionist single market syndicates.

    The problem with modern conflicts is a lack of appetite to put boots on the ground.

    I've said it before, a million troops on the ground would crush ISIS and restore law and order in North Africa and the Middle East.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •