working for a complete idiot working for a complete idiot - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 21 to 28 of 28
  1. #21

    Super poster

    kaiser78 is NOT a disguised employee


    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,900

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    Have look at your notice period. Seek another contract. Get other contract. Give notice. Leave.
    Depending on how big an idiot, this --> Have look at your notice period. Give notice. Leave.
    ______________________
    Don't get mad...get even...

  2. #22

    Fingers like lightning

    billybiro 's job has never been outsourced

    billybiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    889

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginativeTruth View Post
    make sure you get EVERYTHING written down, particularly when they ask you to do some tulip idea and you know it will blow up
    Corollary:

    How do you get someone to ensure such things are always provided in writing, without appearing to be incredibly awkward, when they insist on only communicating verbally?

  3. #23

    My post count is Majestic

    vetran is always on top

    vetran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Come Friendly Bombs
    Posts
    31,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by billybiro View Post
    Corollary:

    How do you get someone to ensure such things are always provided in writing, without appearing to be incredibly awkward, when they insist on only communicating verbally?
    send them a daily report with the list of priorities as agreed verbally with priority, completed and % complete.

    a few weeks of that and you will have a record of him accepting them or changing them.
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

    I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

  4. #24

    Double Godlike!

    MrMarkyMark is a fount of knowledge


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    10,973

    Default

    working for a complete idiot
    You're working for scooterscot

  5. #25

    Fingers like lightning

    billybiro 's job has never been outsourced

    billybiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    889

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    send them a daily report with the list of priorities as agreed verbally with priority, completed and % complete.

    a few weeks of that and you will have a record of him accepting them or changing them.
    You have a record of you sending a bunch of emails to which you've never received a reply. In the event that it comes to a head, the manager can simply state that your emails were incorrect and you were told verbally about changes/acceptances (which can be subsequently "skewed" so as to make you like the one in the wrong).

  6. #26

    My post count is Majestic

    vetran is always on top

    vetran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Come Friendly Bombs
    Posts
    31,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by billybiro View Post
    You have a record of you sending a bunch of emails to which you've never received a reply. In the event that it comes to a head, the manager can simply state that your emails were incorrect and you were told verbally about changes/acceptances (which can be subsequently "skewed" so as to make you like the one in the wrong).
    possibly but most bullies are pretty stupid.
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

    I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

  7. #27

    Old Greg is my bitch's bitch

    northernladyuk is a fount of knowledge

    northernladyuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Working the streets of your imagination
    Posts
    9,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    possibly but most bullies are pretty stupid.
    I'm not sure I agree with that. There are plenty of narcissistic, sociopathic and similar people out there who are highly intelligent and also manipulative bullies.
    Where there's muck there's brass.

  8. #28

    Banned

    Bee is NOT a disguised employee


    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CoolCat View Post
    advice?
    So what!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •