• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it worth joining IPSE

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SeededLoaf View Post
    On a related question. Which accounts code should I use to pay for IPSE? Since it's non tax deductible, I wasn't sure if it falls under professional fees?

I could ask my accountant but they offer a similar product and I'd like to avoid that negative interaction. If anyone has a re-seller code that matches the CUK banner then i'll happily use theirs

Thanks
    It's a legitimate business expense, just not allowable for CT (for arcane reasons I won't even begin to bore you with ). As you say there is the IPSE one; since that gives the same discount as everyone else, why not use it...? Or various posters are quoting theirs so they get the Amazon voucher reward. I would quote mine but I've never signed up for one...

But it's very little money in the greater scheme of things. Worrying over the best discount is probably a waste of time
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

The best discount is 15%, which you get from the CUK banner. People offering MGM codes can choose to give you a 15% discount (an altruistic referral - they then don't get a reward) or to split amazon vouchers in which case both you and they get something - but you get less than 15%. So use the CUK code - no-one will be losing out on a referral bonus )

Comment

Originally posted by SeededLoaf View Post
        On a related question. Which accounts code should I use to pay for IPSE? Since it's non tax deductible, I wasn't sure if it falls under professional fees?

I could ask my accountant but they offer a similar product and I'd like to avoid that negative interaction. If anyone has a re-seller code that matches the CUK banner then i'll happily use theirs

Thanks
        FWIW, this is how I set it up in FA.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
          FWIW, this is how I set it up in FA.
          Useful, thanks.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            If you tell people what software you use they can help you.
            Oops! I use Xero, thank you.

Comment

Working...
            X